Need Help. Audio Crackling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-01-2013, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if this is the right area, but I need Help as I am going crazy. I am having an audio problem that I believe could be EMI or RFI. I am getting crackling audio usually while watching TV (happens in both bedroom and Living Rm) and sometimes while listening to audio on the internet (computer speakers) this issue is not related to my equipment from what I can tell. I have had almost all the same equipment before I bought my house a year ago and never had problems. I first thought it was only the TV and changed cable providers and that did not resolve anything. In my bedroom the TV is just hooked up directly with no special filters other than a surge protector.
For my Living Room setup I have a Brickwall 20 Amp OEM Industrial Surge Protection Module which does EMI/RFI filtering and have since added on to it a Tripp Lite LC1800 Line Conditioner to try to figure out how to eliminate this issue I am having, but the problem still exists. I have also shutdown all circuit breakers in house expect for Living Room or Bedroom and this issue still happens.
I have upgraded My electrical (new power line from pole to house and new circuit breaker as I upgraded electrical service) and I am stumped as to where this is coming from. I have even bought ferrite core filters and that has not solved my issue.
I am desperate for a solution as I have tried everything I can think of to try and narrow down what the issue could be. This has been going on close to a year now and I want a resolution.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-01-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 221
So, this happens on two separate TVs (with separate cable boxes) and on your computer? Definitely sounds electrical related if that is the case.

AVR:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FL/R:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CC:

SUR:
SUB:
DISP:
post #3 of 6 Old 04-01-2013, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

So how would I diagnose where the issue is coming from? Could it be from my power company? Thanks again

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
post #4 of 6 Old 04-01-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Highly doubt cracking is caused by EMI/RFI. That aside, reduce the number of equipment down to a minimum. For TV, disconnect everything from it and put it on an antenna channel. Hang a piece of wire on its coax input and if you are in a big city, it should pick up some digital channels. See if you get the problem there. Try it on the other TV just the same. If there is no noise, then add the cable box alone and see if it now appears. If it does, call the cable company and show them the scenario I just described.

Amir
Founder,

"Insist on Quality Engineering"

post #5 of 6 Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

I already change my cable provider so it is not the signal. Also forgot to mention I get the crackling on a Logitech squeeze box boom that is receiving the audio over wireless. So I think it has to be power.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
post #6 of 6 Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Do you know if any of the cables are running along any electrical conduits?
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page