Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and make suggestions ... It's much appreciated.
We've purchased a new house, and for the first time have a 'finished basement'. In other words, finally have a theatre room!
I've done some research, but it's overwhelming even for a guy that thought he had some knowledge in this area before he got started.
Here's what I'm looking for:
- This system will be mostly used for home theater. Most music listening won't happen in the basement.
- I don't care if it's a 3 channel setup, 3.1, 5.1, etc ... However my money is best spent to get started.
- Less than $2000. Much less is even better. If I can use anything that I have, or tell me I can sell it because it's junk ... That will also help.
- I'll get the room dimensions tomorrow, but I'd guess it's 15x20.
- It's a townhouse, so I don't need LOUD ... I just want quality.
- I'm located on the East Coast of Canada. FYI for shopping purposes.
- Already have 60" Samsung Plasma & Blueray in the basement.
Let me know what other information I can supply to facilitate the setup!
This is the gear I currently have in the house, that I can incorporate in to this setup. Would love to know what you think of this gear ... May just use it on the main floor, or replace. Thank you!
x Paradigm PDR-12 Subwoofer
x Klipsch F1 Towers
x PSB Century 300i bookshelves