New house, best place to wall mount speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-27-2013, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, excellent forum here! I recently invested in a Yamaha EX-V673 receiver, paired with polk audio RTI6's for fronts, Polk CSI3 center and Polk Rti4s for rear surround with a BIC F12 sub (couldn't pass up $115 after best buy rewards lol). I read reviews and saw everyone liked Btech BT77 mounts. Then I was going on do stands but the 6's are so big they are hard to find. I think the mounts will work better anyway since the TV is over the fireplace.

I'm going to move the TV up a little for the pinpoint am15 center mount or should I mount the center above? Where are the best place for my fronts,rears and center in this room? It is open to the downstairs kitchen on the 4th side....a2eqy5uh.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-27-2013, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

azamyvyh.jpg

post #3 of 4 Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 244
If that fireplace is ever going to have a fire in it, the TV should not be there, because smoke damage to the TV is inevitable, and if it is ever repaired, the smoke damage inside will void the warranty. Even with a glass fire screen some smoke will leak up.

I suggest that you get a stand or table for it and put in in the recess to the right. It looks as if the right wing of the sofa can be moved back and angled when viewing.

The TV is way too high now anyway, unless you like a sore neck. Bad angle for viewing.

You can put the speakers on stands on either side of that recess, and the center speaker below.

For an attractive stand, check out the Tech-craft website. Amazon carries most of their models (or use the wall-mount).

My favorite speaker stands are a stack of 6" x 8" x 8" concrete blocks, covered/draped with a cloth for decor purposes. They are cheaper and more inert and massive than any speaker stand you can buy which makes them perfect. They can also look very attractive with the right choice of cloth covering them. They do this in museums to make a base for art works.

I would go with 3.1 in that room. You really have no place for rear speakers in a room laid out like that.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-27-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

I'm goin to try my 42" in the recessed area...biggest I can put there. Is a 47". Exactly why I put my 50" over the fireplace. Dont really have fires but it would be nice I suppose. Didn't realize it was that bad...

Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page