Hack into NHT XdA Power Physics DEQX to enable additional functionality? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-27-2013, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I've had an NHT Xd 6.2 system for many years now and I really love it. My latest apartment is visually beautiful but acoustically challenging. I find myself wishing that NHT or DEQX had unleashed the real potential of this system by providing us the software to do room and speaker corrections ourselves.

So my question is this:

Does anyone know how to "get into" the software of these DSPs and maybe use DEQX room and speaker correction to its full potential?

Furthermore, could my XdAs then be repurposed to drive a different set of drivers?

For what it's worth I used to be an electrical engineer and have programmed DSP chips myself as a school project. I developed a room EQ about 15 years ago for a class project using a standard DSP board but then my career took me elsewhere. I could dust off the hardware coding skills if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Genuinely,
Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

For what it's worth when I install windows drivers it says the device is a DEQX PDC2-6 which on DEQX website is listed as having room correction software. I can't download the software without a password. Maybe I can purchase a microphone and software license from DEQX. If that's true, this will certainly be easier than I thought it would be. I'll call them tomorrow to find out.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-14-2013, 08:02 AM

Hi, I have a deqx 2.6p unit. I tried to download NHT XD setting into my unit once. I did this as a excercise and had to send the unit for the service. Hardware and software can see each other but do not cooperate. I got a reply from DEQX that it is possible to change the settings from NHT into ones which would work on DEQX if I ever needed this. I did not have possibilites to do that the other way around i.e. change NHT into full potential DEQX. Send me the photos of the inside and I can compare it to my unit. At least we can know that it is a matter of software only. Regards, Tom
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page