What type of measurement mic is this? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-27-2013, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was in the market for a new inexpensive measurement mic, and out of the blue an old buddy of mine who I saw today had this measurement mic and when I went to look at it he said I can have it!
IT has no name or model info on it.It has a serial number sticker that is cut (and possibly missing digits).
The top of the mic (with the element) unscrews and the element is hardwired to the preamp. If you unscrew the xlr connector the preamp will come out with the xlr and you can see the circuit and a potentiometer (trim / sensitivity control?)
I looked all over google pics and the mic doesn't look like anything online. It has a metal clip with foam/rubber grip around the mic.
I plan on sending this mic to CS Acoustics to get calibration data for it, especially if I can figure out if its anything fair / decent. Based on it's build quality it seems like a good mic. I don't have anything to compare it to and my phantom powered soundcard is at work so I cant check out it's audio performance until atleast next week (if time allows).

Does anybody recognize this mic?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 38
It looks like the ones that came with the Audio Control RTA (30 band) with the large display.

However I have not seen one in many years-so cannot confirm that it is the same.

Danley Sound Labs

Physics-not fads
post #3 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Does anybody know if that Mic is good, compared to other mics on the market today?
post #4 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Looking into it, this does appear to be an audiocontrol cm-10 mic, which came standard with their RTAS, and can is still sold for roughly $150 as a replacement Mic. Does anybody know how this Mic compares to other measurement mics? It is rated 135db peak input and its sensitivity is listed in the manufacturer specs.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page