Sub wiring set up. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Gday all,

I remember reading on hear that when connecting a SW its best to use a Y junction and connect the RCA to both positive and negative jacks in the back of the SW.

Do I remember correctly?

And is this true or false?

Thoughts gentlemen.

Its a Denon 2312 with a Klipsch SW450
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-21-2013, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
I think in one of the Klipsch RW12d threads someone said (Bill F?) that there was a bit more gain in using both L/R inputs, even with a y splitter. The subs with a specific LFE input for avr management (sometimes just one of the L/R inputs), I would just use that LFE input alone and let my avr do the managing. I assume the L/R inputs on a sub are for sources that may be stereo to allow the sub to sum them for mono output.

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2013, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 47
The answer is, It depends...

That's true for my OAudio plate amps; louder output with both L & R channels fed, even through a splitter. However, this amp has a crossover-disabled switch in place of a dedicated LFE input.

However, your Klipsch is designed with a) L/R inputs when using the sub's crossover and b) a single LFE input when bypassing the sub's circuit and using the AVR for bass management.

Use the single LFE input, connected to your AVR's Sub Out.

Have fun,
Frank
post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbov View Post

The answer is, It depends...

That's true for my OAudio plate amps; louder output with both L & R channels fed, even through a splitter. However, this amp has a crossover-disabled switch in place of a dedicated LFE input.

However, your Klipsch is designed with a) L/R inputs when using the sub's crossover and b) a single LFE input when bypassing the sub's circuit and using the AVR for bass management.

Use the single LFE input, connected to your AVR's Sub Out.

Have fun,
Frank

Frank, have you seen one of these? There's no dedicated LFE input on the amp panel....altho the "shared" manual for the model indicates there is one.

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page