SPDIF out Audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-22-2013, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I.m trying to use the SPDIF output in my Xonner DG audio card in my computer to a 5.1 decoder to drive my surround sound in another room. This works with the SPDIF output from my TV to the decoder but when I try from the sound card I only get the front right and left channel. Expecting to much of the sound card? Would like to use the sound cards mixer, its not available through the HDMI sound.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-22-2013, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Sounds like something is not set properly in the sound card's driver or control panel.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #3 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1001 View Post

I.m trying to use the SPDIF output in my Xonner DG audio card in my computer to a 5.1 decoder to drive my surround sound in another room. This works with the SPDIF output from my TV to the decoder but when I try from the sound card I only get the front right and left channel. Expecting to much of the sound card? Would like to use the sound cards mixer, its not available through the HDMI sound.

Jeff

Are you sure the source is 5.1? I agree that this sounds like a setting for your sound card. I have had to go into the device's menu and set it to a 5.1 system in the past. Most default to a stereo speaker set up.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
post #4 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizwiz41 View Post

Are you sure the source is 5.1? I agree that this sounds like a setting for your sound card. I have had to go into the device's menu and set it to a 5.1 system in the past. Most default to a stereo speaker set up.
Yes the sound source is windows media player that's output from a HD 6670 Radian graphics card. HDMI to my flat screen output toslink to a Dolby digital decoder and 5.1 to my surround sound wired. I want to use toslink from the Xonar sound card because it seems to be the only way to enable the mixer on the sound card. When I select the HDMI sound, the sound cards controls become "unavailable" in the sound dialog box."Stereo Mix" When I'm watching a program the voice isn't loud and I want to boost the middle frequency.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-24-2013, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

OK, still don't know why I can't control the sound in the HDMI connector but the motherboard has a SPDIF out that works great. Thanks for your replies.

Jeff
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page