Piece of carpet under sub? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have travertine tile floors. My sub is on spikes. I had some extra carpet laying around I was wondering if it makes sense to cut a few pieces and put it under the sub and front towers? Sub is HSU-STF1 the manual says it is intended to fire into carpet so I figured I'd put a piece under there but not sure if that makes sense if it's just a piece lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-30-2013, 05:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardothewan View Post

I have travertine tile floors. My sub is on spikes. I had some extra carpet laying around I was wondering if it makes sense to cut a few pieces and put it under the sub and front towers? Sub is HSU-STF1 the manual says it is intended to fire into carpet so I figured I'd put a piece under there but not sure if that makes sense if it's just a piece lol.

I don't know if its worth the time to cut the free carpet to size or not. Probably not.

I'll bet that if you played sine sweeps through your sub you'd find that at one or more frequencies the sub rattles around on the Travertine floor on those spikes. It might even dance!

Rubber feet from a home improvement or hardware store will address that.

There is a good chance that your room is overly reflective and needs acoustic treatment.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-01-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yea my ceilings are like 30 feet high too so not the ideal room but it is what it is. I cut the carpet squares wasn't really much effort. I had been using the sub with just the spikes on the tile for years though without too many problems.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page