YPAO™ R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) Vs. Audyssey XT32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2013, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 41
The new Yamaha CX-A5000 separates has the “new” YPAO™ R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) Sound Optimization with Speaker Angle Measurement mic, is this as good as Audyssey XT32 which has always been said to be the best on the market?rolleyes.gif

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/cx-a5000_black_u/?mode=model
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-05-2013, 06:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post

The new Yamaha CX-A5000 separates has the “new” YPAO™ R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) Sound Optimization with Speaker Angle Measurement mic, is this as good as Audyssey XT32 which has always been said to be the best on the market?rolleyes.gif

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/cx-a5000_black_u/?mode=model
There isn't much info available on this yet, but from what I can tell, the "Reflected Sound Control" looks like it attempts to reduce the impact of early reflections. That is something no version of Audyssey attempts to do. RSC is also a multi-point measurement system with 8 measurement positions. I suppose they need that to do the "speaker angle measurements."

However, there is no information, (that I could find), on whether the YPAO aspect will EQ the bass. Previous iterations of YPAO have stopped EQing at 63 Hz. Audyssey XT32, and all versions of Audyssey above Audyssey 2EQ, will EQ the subwoofer channel to about 10 Hz, (depending on the capability of the subwoofer(s)). If YPAO with RSC does not improve on the bass EQ functionality of previous versions of YPAO, Audyssey will still have a HUGE advantage over YPAO, (IMO!)

Hopefully more information will become available soon on this.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #3 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 329
At least for the last 2 years, the higher end YPAO includes Eq-ing down to 31 Hz.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #4 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
the high end rxa yamahas have sub eq built in...I believe from the 2000 series on up. However my rxv773 has ypao rsc multi-point measure and a built in 7 band peq adjustable from 31-16khz, but no sub eq.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page