Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright here is my situation

Rough Specs:
HTPC running Windows 8 Pro x64. AMD A6-3650 APU, Nvidia GeForce FT 610 Graphics card (because had problems with 2 generations of ATI Drivers) Samsung LCD TV. Denon AVR-1612 receiver. only have a 3.1 setup on speakers right now. Working towards building a full surround sound with good speakers. Have 2 Old Pioneer tower speakers. 1 Midland (made for computer) center speaker & Polk Audio Sub woofer.Using quality HDMI cables from Monoprice Everything was fine until this past weekend.

playing Blu-Ray over my gigabit network from my unraid sever (which I have done for years) started stuttering. What would happen was in my upper left corner of the screen I would see info on my tv that said 1920x1080 @60hz& the movie would start playing for just a couple of seconds...then the screen would go black (which this part has been the norm) and the screen would refresh itself for the content being played i reckon and it would say 1920x1080 @24hz and after this is when the movie would stutter to the point I could not watch it. I did the normal reset everything in my network.modem/router/switch/computers/server and still did the same time...So I switched from Powerdvd 12 to Totalmedia 6 and the stutter went away...

Ok for the first time ever my computer has no control over the volume when Im watching a blu-ray player. If i mute in the computer it does mute the volume however up and down have no impact...Now whats happening besides that is the special effects are sooooo loud and the dialogue pretty darn low that i am constantly turning my receiver up and down just to try and enjoy the movie.

I might have forgotten to mention that outside playing a blu-ray the audio is as normal as it ever was and can be controlled with the Windows OS Volume. if theres anything i left out please let me know

Thanks for taking the time to help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-09-2013, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 45
A couple of suggestions.

Post in the HTPC forum where you will find more HTPC tech oriented people.

Condense your problem to 2 or 3 SHORT paragraphs. You can add more info in subsequent posts as people respond. Your post is just too long with too much info for the average person to read and digest in 30 seconds (just made up that time but people only want tidbits).
post #3 of 4 Old 07-09-2013, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
wasnt sure where to post it but ill try to shorten it and post in the HTPC section. Thanks

I see HTPC Linux & Mac and i see HTPC hardware. But im not sure which I should post for HTPC software issues. Which is what im guessing is the problem?
post #4 of 4 Old 07-09-2013, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos28355 View Post

wasnt sure where to post it but ill try to shorten it and post in the HTPC section. Thanks

I see HTPC Linux & Mac and i see HTPC hardware. But im not sure which I should post for HTPC software issues. Which is what im guessing is the problem?

Post here, not in a sub forum.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page