How can I get stereo from my PC to my audio system? - AVS Forum
Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat > How can I get stereo from my PC to my audio system?
eljr's Avatar eljr 09:58 AM 07-13-2013
How can I get stereo from my PC to my audio system?

I want to watch the video from my PC on my TV and listen to the audio through my audio system.

If I use the HDMI connection from my PC to TV the audio goes to my TV and the speaker jack is overridden.

Any ideas?

BIslander's Avatar BIslander 10:51 AM 07-13-2013
Your TV should have a digital audio output. Send that to the sound system.
eljr's Avatar eljr 11:40 AM 07-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander View Post

Your TV should have a digital audio output. Send that to the sound system.

Yes it does,I know, thanks. This is what I am trying to avoid.

Long story short I'd need an electrician to come run the wire because it snakes through so much wall and rooms.

I have one HDMI and one set of those multi colored connects/wires from teh tv to the sources. I have to work with these or as I said I'll need an electrician.
BIslander's Avatar BIslander 12:45 PM 07-13-2013
If those multicolored wires are component video cables, you can use one of them for digital audio. Assuming your TV has an optical rather than coax output, just get an optical-coax converter.
eljr's Avatar eljr 01:14 PM 07-13-2013
Thanks

I am going to solve it by buying a Blue Ray player with HDMI inputs and use the RCA audio outputs to my Nad and the HDMI for the picture to the set.
BIslander's Avatar BIslander 01:18 PM 07-13-2013
That will work, too. But, be careful because some newer players lack analog stereo outputs.
eljr's Avatar eljr 02:34 PM 07-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander View Post

That will work, too. But, be careful because some newer players lack analog stereo outputs.

thanks
olyteddy's Avatar olyteddy 03:13 PM 07-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post

Thanks

I am going to solve it by buying a Blue Ray player with HDMI inputs and use the RCA audio outputs to my Nad and the HDMI for the picture to the set.
? a player has no inputs.
BIslander's Avatar BIslander 03:22 PM 07-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post

Thanks

? a player has no inputs.
Take a look at the Oppo 103.
eljr's Avatar eljr 01:34 PM 07-14-2013
Yes, the 103 is perfect.
Up
Mobile  Desktop