Question about TV audio To Receiver !!! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-24-2013, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don`t have a clue where to post this, this is the nearest Thread I could see !!!

Have a Panasonic TC-L47ET5 TV and a Sony HDX266 Home Theater . I want to run the audio from TV to Home Theater Receiver .
The only audio out from TV is Optical and the only Audio in to the Receiver is rca,
Have a SIIG CE-CV0011-S1 Digital to Analog Audio Converter.

Problem: Audio coming out of Home Theater speakers but have to CRANK it way up to hear anything.

Any suggestions
Again sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-24-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 139
I'll confirm that you're in the right place, but sadly I have nothing to offer. Hopefully someone else is familiar with your specific devices.

--Ethan
post #3 of 9 Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Ethan, That`s a start (-:
post #4 of 9 Old 07-24-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
What is the source of the audio out from your TV? Internal tuner (antenna connection) or a STB? Whichever it is, is the problem the same regardless of whether you're watching an HD or SD channel? Do you have any source device (DVD or CD player or similar) that has RCA outs that you could connect directly to the HTiB to see how audio sounds that way?
post #5 of 9 Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

OK , On the back of my TV I have a HDMI (ARC) , and on my Receiver i have a HDMI In..
2 things,
1. It does not say if the receivers HDMI in is (ARC) or not..on it or in the manual.
2. I read that the input HDMI to the receiver has to be 1.4

Any thoughts.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-25-2013, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 155
The HDMI on the Sony HDX266 is an output for the built-in DVD player, not an input. That unit has no video inputs at all. The HDMI output almost certainly does not support ARC.

First, try connecting a device with RCA stereo outputs such as a disc player or a set top box to the receiver to see whether you get decent loudness that way.

Next, as Possumgirl asked, what source are you feeding from the TV? If it is something like a cable or satellite set top box, you can probably use the device's stereo output instead the TV's digital output.

Finally, if the TV has a headphone jack, give that a try instead of the optical-digital converter. You can get a cable that has a headphone connector on one end and stereo RCAs on the other. Or, the Sony unit has a minijack input on the front, according to the manual.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-26-2013, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Yes I found out the HDMI is not ARC )-:
It is looking like the only way to go without buying a new system is with the SIIG CE-CV0011-S1 Digital to Analog Audio Converter, Just have to get the sound worked out .
No STB,Cable plugs straight into TV.
No headphone jack on TV.
Could it be anything to do with the audio sampling rate on the SIIG CE-CV0011-S1 Digital to Analog Audio Converter? specs for this one is :Supports audio sampling rate at 32, 44.1, 48 and 96KHz, they do have ones with different ratings.

The link is to the Amazon product ,if it works you can hover over the connectors on the back of the TV and boxes will appear for a description,

Thank you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00752RAZY/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0&isremote=0
post #8 of 9 Old 07-26-2013, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Do you have another device with an optical connection such as a DVD player that you can use as a test? Run it through the converter to the sound system. If you get good volume, you'll know the issue is with the TV. If it has the same problem, then the TV is OK and the problem is the converter or the sound system. If the test device also has regular stereo outputs, you can try it both ways and see if there's a volume difference between the two.

Sampling rates won't cause volume issues. If you hear sound, then the audio is being processed.

Perhaps the volume on the TV output is variable and needs to be increased. The online manual is bare bones and says you need to use the TV help function to get the more detailed version. Give that a try to see what it says about enabling the output to external speakers and whether there are volume controls for that.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-26-2013, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
SlingThis, your best bet is to do as Bislander and I have suggested. Connect some source device other than the TV directly to the HT unit via RCA to see how it sounds and/or use optical through the converter from something other than the TV.

I didn't see an answer to my previous question as to whether the volume issue occurs with all channels you receive??

I don't think the Panny TV has variable output (older models don't) but it's worth checking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page