Forget politics, forget Subjective/Objective disagreenents - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 08-24-2013, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Forget the NSA, the real evil is HDMI. I hate it, is spawned of the devil. I can't tell u how many times I have clicked my on/off switch on my ADA to just watch a football game on TV to get rid of the noise of an HDMI sync issue.

Terrorist are bad HDMI is bad as well.mad.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-24-2013, 06:07 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 617
The only problems I have with HDMI are the lack of locking connectors and HDCP which isn't HDMI's fault. No other issues or problems for me.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

The only problems I have with HDMI are the lack of locking connectors and HDCP which isn't HDMI's fault. No other issues or problems for me.
My problems have been with ADA, Yamaha, and Sherwood and my Mits projector. Not a "connector" problem unless u mean things should be expected NOT to work together. But I am interested in others problem of a lack of sync which resulted in noise (sometimes very loud) which only was cured by a re-sync by turning the processor/AV receiver on and off. Pisses me off big time. I pay good money to buy electronics that should work and not have to worry about the sequence of on/off between audio and video.

Let me be direct. I don't give a good go* damn about the problems with copyright. If I pay good money for something to work, I expect it to work without it destroying my experience not to mention my speakers with some huge noise only cured by re syncing the connection between audio and video. What a bunch of ********. I have dealt with this for years silently. No more.
post #4 of 12 Old 08-24-2013, 07:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bessinger View Post

Not a "connector" problem unless u mean things should be expected NOT to work together.

I think he wants locking connectors to hold the HDMI plug in place, and I agree with him. It's not exactly the tightest of connections with most of those cables.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #5 of 12 Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 378
What's the longest length cable you're dealing with?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #6 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 02:15 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Ah. A projector. You probably have too long a run of HDMI cable. My longest HDMI cable is six feet, well within the capability of the technology. You can get a powered extender that will allow long runs of HDMI cable or you can run the signal over ethernet cable with the appropriate hardware. I suspect it isn't a difficult fix for you.
post #7 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 04:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

HDMI is a little bit on the flakey side. It would be better if there was a latching clip something like we have with SATA. In permanent installations the trick is to clamp the HDMI cable down firmly and create a loop of cable that tends to push the connector into the device.
post #8 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

What's the longest length cable you're dealing with?
i don't have any long hdmj cables. To the projector is around 10 feet.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Is it just a matter of turning everything in a particular order or do things fvck up randomly?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #10 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bessinger View Post

My problems have been with ADA, Yamaha, and Sherwood and my Mits projector. Not a "connector" problem unless u mean things should be expected NOT to work together. But I am interested in others problem of a lack of sync which resulted in noise (sometimes very loud) which only was cured by a re-sync by turning the processor/AV receiver on and off. Pisses me off big time. I pay good money to buy electronics that should work and not have to worry about the sequence of on/off between audio and video.

Let me be direct. I don't give a good go* damn about the problems with copyright. If I pay good money for something to work, I expect it to work without it destroying my experience not to mention my speakers with some huge noise only cured by re syncing the connection between audio and video. What a bunch of ********. I have dealt with this for years silently. No more.

HDMI does seem to be a bit of a moving target but I have a 40' run from my processor (Integra) to my projector and really have minimal issues. I even have dual displays (720P & 1080P) and that switching goes relativly soothly.

I agree the connection itself is poorly designed but functionally I'm pretty happy with my single cable HD audio.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
post #11 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Is it just a matter of turning everything in a particular order or do things fvck up randomly?
it apppears to be random as far as I can tell. In order to stop the noise, I have to turn off the processor and then turn it back on. For the longest time I didn't have the problem but now I do . I suppose it could be the update on my TiVo.

I too like the one wire connection, but the compatibility issues seem to continue with hdmi....at least for me.
post #12 of 12 Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

HDMI does seem to be a bit of a moving target but I have a 40' run from my processor (Integra) to my projector and really have minimal issues. I even have dual displays (720P & 1080P) and that switching goes relativly soothly.

I agree the connection itself is poorly designed but functionally I'm pretty happy with my single cable HD audio.
can u do 1080p 24? I helped install a home theater in my daughter's house with a long hdmi run of around 40 ft and never could get 1080p 24 to work although 60 worked fine. We tried different cables, boosters etc and finally decided it wasn't worth the expense. Another one of my complaints about hdmi.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page