Audyssey XT32 help...im really scratching my head here - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2013, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I only have two speakers running that are full range capable ( Polk rti12s )and set as large ( bi amped ) wtih all other speakers disabled. I assumed audyssey would let me adjust the lower end frequencies through its graphic EQ after running the software but it doesnt....

Does anybody know why Audyssey XT32 from a Denon X4000 only allows you adjust frequncies from 63 hz and up from its graphic eq?

To be honest, before I ran the setup, I was under the assumption that Audyssey XT32 with sub eq would produce a spl vs freq graph showing me my in room response and then through its software I would be able to adjust the peaks and nulls through the graphic eq....sorta like what an SMS sub equalizer does

What do I need to do here to accomplish that and how?

Im really a noob at this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post

I only have two speakers running that are full range capable ( Polk rti12s )and set as large ( bi amped ) wtih all other speakers disabled. I assumed audyssey would let me adjust the lower end frequencies through its graphic EQ after running the software but it doesnt....

Does anybody know why Audyssey XT32 from a Denon X4000 only allows you adjust frequncies from 63 hz and up from its graphic eq?

To be honest, before I ran the setup, I was under the assumption that Audyssey XT32 with sub eq would produce a spl vs freq graph showing me my in room response and then through its software I would be able to adjust the peaks and nulls through the graphic eq....sorta like what an SMS sub equalizer does

Im really a noob at this

You should address your query in the appropriate thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/795421/official-audyssey-thread-faq-in-post-1

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Quote:

Im really a noob at this

You should address your query in the appropriate thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/795421/official-audyssey-thread-faq-in-post-1

I agree with lovinthehd - the thread he linked is the official audyssey thread.

I will add the answer to your Q is you need Audyssey Pro to actually dial/tweak your curve response.
Say $150 for lic and you need to "borrow" the mic kit or buy it for $450 approx
http://www.audyssey.com/technologies/multeq/multeq-pro
Quote:
Custom Target Curves
With MultEQ Pro Software, Audyssey Installers can customize the Target Curves and finely tune the target sound to resolve the acoustical problems of each individual room.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok so to tweak the audyssey curve I need to buy audyssey pro. Gotcha. I actually will really consider that. It isn't as expensive as I would've thought. Thanks guys! Thanks a bunch
Old 10-26-2013, 04:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:

Ok so to tweak the audyssey curve I need to buy audyssey pro. Gotcha. I actually will really consider that. It isn't as expensive as I would've thought. Thanks guys! Thanks a bunch

Read this thread to help you, the "Pro" version
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1346723/the-audyssey-pro-installer-kit-thread-faq-in-post-1
Old 10-26-2013, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

Read this thread to help you, the "Pro" version
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1346723/the-audyssey-pro-installer-kit-thread-faq-in-post-1

Cool. Will do. Thanks man! Cheers