Can anyone help? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-02-2013, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

My friend over on HDTVtest has what looks like a major problem with his system can anyone help, I am not sure if it's OK to link to the forum but here is his post:

"My Harmony 900 remote occasionally has a little tizzy which is ok as its generally very good. However last week the volume command malfunctioned and instead of just one click up it carried on the command and my receiver went to full volume in an instant. Stupidly I did not set a 'max volume' which I should have done on the amp.
Now my audio sounds not right, I can't put my finger on it but my favorite soundtrack 'DD5.1' Sounds completely wrong. Also my sub does not always work and I need to disconnect the cable from the amp and touch the centre pin with sub vol at max to restore it, then it is ok. Also had my centre Chanel dissapear once.
Im gutted as my 6 x kef egg sattellites are not strictly rated for the amp at unusually high volumes.

I am gutted as its cost me a lot of money to get this together and I have no idea if its my amp / speakers or sub that's been damaged all because of a faulty remote.

I have emailed Logitech in frustration but I just wanted to warn you that this could happen to anyone to."

Thanks for any assistance.

PS

Here is a list of the equipment he has:

Yamaha RXV 673, 6 X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Dali Ikon 1 Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-02-2013, 07:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 1133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post

My friend over on HDTVtest has what looks like a major problem with his system can anyone help, I am not sure if it's OK to link to the forum but here is his post:

"My Harmony 900 remote occasionally has a little tizzy which is ok as its generally very good. However last week the volume command malfunctioned and instead of just one click up it carried on the command and my receiver went to full volume in an instant. Stupidly I did not set a 'max volume' which I should have done on the amp.

Now my audio sounds not right, I can't put my finger on it but my favorite soundtrack 'DD5.1' Sounds completely wrong. Also my sub does not always work and I need to disconnect the cable from the amp and touch the centre pin with sub vol at max to restore it, then it is ok. Also had my centre Chanel dissapear once.

Im gutted as my 6 x kef egg sattellites are not strictly rated for the amp at unusually high volumes.

I am gutted as its cost me a lot of money to get this together and I have no idea if its my amp / speakers or sub that's been damaged all because of a faulty remote.

I have emailed Logitech in frustration but I just wanted to warn you that this could happen to anyone to."

Thanks for any assistance.

PS
Here is a list of the equipment he has:

Yamaha RXV 673, 6 X Kef HTS3001SE Eggs,  Dali Ikon 1 Centre, BK XXLS400 Sub, Harmony 900 & 650.

Go though and check your speakers one at a time with just that AVR and a blu ray player and your test disk of choice.

Play each speaker reasonably loud, and listen for rattles and the like.

Clean up your wiring and make sure that your subwoofer is reliable.

If you try to calibrate your system with YPAO it will put your speakers through some kind of a check that may bring faults due to being overdriven to light.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-02-2013, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the advice, I will check this as soon as I can. smile.gif
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page