Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland Heights, OH
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am blessed / cursed with a large house that a previous owner partially wired for multi room audio and left several speakers.
I have a Marantz SR6005 currently driving a 5.1 speaker layout in the family room for TV and zone 2 going to a speaker selector and on to 5 different pairs of speakers on the first floor.
All speakers on the first floor are energy. Small satellite type speakers in family rooms; two larger tower pairs in living room and dining room, and indoor outdoor pairs on porch and deck; unknown speakers in wall of kitchen.
I just purchased a Denon AVR-3313CI for a home theater on the third floor. This will have a projector and 5.1 set-up with Jamo 600 series speakers an a 600W powered sub. This room is approximately 1000 sq feet.
It has some existing in ceiling speakers that are not in any rationale configuration (verified by gentleman from local AV store).
My questions / thoughts
1) Should I have Denon running the smaller TV and the smaller speakers with multi-rooms downstairs and move Marantz upstairs?
- downside would be I would loose 4k pass through if I ever upgraded projector; I also do not know in SR6005 handles 3D for upstairs either; TV in family room is not 3D
- upside is that it has airplay to make remote song selection easier.
2) I can not find additional 600 series Jamo speakers in the same cherry finish to add two rear channels for theater room (would like 7.1 or 7.2 sound there)
3) To get 7.2 I would need a second subwoofer which I assume should be matched if not identical to the one I have.
4) I bought the Denon as a second receiver as the higher end Denon seemed on par with the lower to mid end Marantz. (I know they are made by same company and share most of the electronics inside) Since it has airplay and the Marantz
I am lucky top have a single quad shielded coax run and Cat7 cable running from third floor to basement (and then back up into family room) connecting my home network. This is a 90 year old house so additional runs are almost impossible.
Otherwise I might entertain running speaker selector off the Denon.