HK AVR 235: Crossover Adjustment Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello,
i am a noobie and am looking for your help. i want to adjust my crossover and i hit a road block. to see the crossover adjustments on my tv, the manual says to connect the avr to my tv via an s video cable. however, my new vizio tv does not have an s video connection. my avr is about 7 years old and does not have hdmi connections. any suggestions? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-27-2013, 11:35 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Get a new receiver?
post #3 of 6 Old 11-27-2013, 11:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Your AVR should have a composite video output (just a single RCA output; usually yellow) and it should pass the OSD through that, too. Does your Vizio have a composite video input?

It is possible, too, that your AVR passes the OSD via its component video outputs (if so equipped, they're 3 video outputs colored blue, green, and red) although many don't. Does your Vizio have component video inputs.

How have you adjusted all your other settings with no OSD?

(OSD = on screen display)

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #4 of 6 Old 11-27-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim View Post

Your AVR should have a composite video output (just a single RCA output; usually yellow) and it should pass the OSD through that, too. Does your Vizio have a composite video input?

It is possible, too, that your AVR passes the OSD via its component video outputs (if so equipped, they're 3 video outputs colored blue, green, and red) although many don't. Does your Vizio have component video inputs.

How have you adjusted all your other settings with no OSD?

(OSD = on screen display)

thanks for the reply. i will look into your suggestions. i have not adjusted anything yet.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-29-2013, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I have an older AV Preamp, a Proceed AVP2, with the same limitations, and I use a small 13" CRT I've had for many years and that you might be able to find used for almost nothing in a Goodwill store that has a composite video rca input. My Proceed AVP2doesn't output OSD on the component video output (red, green, blue rca).

In my case I also use an RF converter to take the composite video output signal from the AVP2 (rca cable) and convert it to a F-type cable input for the TV (my 13" TV only has a single F-type input ).

Siva's response is good advice.

BruceD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-29-2013, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceD View Post

I have an older AV Preamp, a Proceed AVP2, with the same limitations, and I use a small 13" CRT I've had for many years and that you might be able to fin
d used for almost nothing in a Goodwill store that has a composite video rca input. My Proceed AVP2doesn't output OSD on the component video output (red, green, blue rca).

In my case I also use an RF converter to take the composite video output signal from the AVP2 (rca cable) and convert it to a F-type cable input for the TV (my 13" TV only has a single F-type input ).

Siva's response is good advice.

Thanks!
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

Tags
Harman Kardon Avr 235 7 1 Channel Audio Video Surround Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page