Having wiring issues! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-05-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, so i bought a 5.1 surround sound system a while back. Its a logitech x-530 i believe. it came with a little cube converter so that i could play all speakers without having 5.1 slots on my computer.
Here is the converter:

This then goes from the dual RCAs to the 3.5mm slot in the front of my computer.
However i have just purchased a new subwoofer and an amplifier so i bought a 3.5mm splitter in the photo below:
one leads off to the 5.1 converter and one leads off to another dual RCA which goes into the amplifier.

However for some odd reason when i plug my 5.1 surround sound into the splitter noise only comes out of 1 speaker. If i then unplug the splitter and plug just my 5.1 surround sound in then sound comes out of all the speakers again.

I have swapped my dual RCA to 3.5mm cables round and have also tried plugging the 5.1 surround sound jack into both ports on my splitter and am faced with the same result.

I dont know what the issue could be. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: im no expert so correct me if im wrong but i just had a thought, could i just unplug one of the green, black or orange cables from the converter for my 5.1 and plug a 3.5mm to dual RCA in there and have that going to my amp?

Just incase its of any help this is one of the dual RCAs to 3.5mm's im using.

ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE THAT MAY HELP SOLVE THIS ISSUE JUST ASK!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 64
What is the issue?ah, I see. You changed the font colors so those of us with the black layout can't see it.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-06-2013, 05:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMachine View Post

Hey, so i bought a 5.1 surround sound system a while back. Its a logitech x-530 i believe. it came with a little cube converter so that i could play all speakers without having 5.1 slots on my computer.
Here is the converter:

This then goes from the dual RCAs to the 3.5mm slot in the front of my computer.
However i have just purchased a new subwoofer and an amplifier so i bought a 3.5mm splitter in the photo below:

one leads off to the 5.1 converter and one leads off to another dual RCA which goes into the amplifier.

However for some odd reason when i plug my 5.1 surround sound into the splitter noise only comes out of 1 speaker. If i then unplug the splitter and plug just my 5.1 surround sound in then sound comes out of all the speakers again.

I have swapped my dual RCA to 3.5mm cables round and have also tried plugging the 5.1 surround sound jack into both ports on my splitter and am faced with the same result.

I dont know what the issue could be. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: im no expert so correct me if im wrong but i just had a thought, could i just unplug one of the green, black or orange cables from the converter for my 5.1 and plug a 3.5mm to dual RCA in there and have that going to my amp?

Just incase its of any help this is one of the dual RCAs to 3.5mm's im using.

ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE THAT MAY HELP SOLVE THIS ISSUE JUST ASK!!

There is a possibility that your new splitter is a stereo-to-mono device and each of the 3.5 mm jacks are mono.
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page