OTA Dolby Digital 5.1 Dropping Sound through ARC !!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-16-2013, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey guys,

I'm sure someone needs to know the answer to this!

This is what I have:

Samsung 55' (55UF6800) LED with ARC support
Onkyo NR-626 (ARC/7.2+)
Martin Logan 5.1 HT

[TV and Receiver are both connected through a single HDMI  cable with ARC support. 5.1 HT Speakersare connected to the Receiver by their respective speaker wires]

--

So ARC is useful for Smart TV's with apps such as Netflix.

I'm having a problem with Netflix that only occurs when I have an ARC connection between TV and Receiver+HT.
The problem is that the sound cuts off every few seconds, like if there was a lack of bandwidth. Sounds just drops for half a second every 5-20 seconds. Video is not affected.

I have tried several cables as well, and just bought a "high speed" Monster hdmi cable ($80) to make sure it wasn't that.

Receiver won't cut sound if it plays off my phone (Bluetooth) for example, only in ARC with Netflix. Netflix will work fine and won't cut if played directly off my TV speakers (without connecting the Receiver).
If I open up Pandora on the TV, and make it play through the Receiver (just like Netflix) it will cut off but very rarely. Probably every 1min - 2min.

While watching Netflix, I tried changing the Audio signal option to PCM (on the TV) - and the cut offs are GREATLY reduced, to almost none.. but the quality of the audio is nowhere near as impressive. PCM and Dolby Digital is usually available, depending on the what movie I'm watching. Usually the movies I watch are in 5.2/Dolby Digital (Over The Air)... But this is what causing the cut offs.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-16-2013, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump! Has anyone experienced this issue? Maybe the tv can only send so much info/2.1?
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page