Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-05-2014, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

SoundAndVision.com just did an article on the upcoming AVR750

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/arcam-avr750-av-receiver

I'm relatively new, to the HiFi scene, and hadn't heard of Arcam. Sure, NAD and McIntosh are popular in some circle, I even have a NAD 3020 which I love, but it doesn't do surround sound.

So now I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-31, to power a deftech 8080 7.1 system. I'm thinking that the pioneer may be lacking in quality. Sure it sounds good, but the question always is, can it sound better?

1) Wound a high end receiver be worth the investment on a deftech 8080 system? The most demand is for the 5 mids and 2 tweeters. the subs are powered. So power is not a concern. I'm a lower volume guy as well.

2) Is the ArcamAVR600 worth the hype that soundsandvision give it? Is it worth $2500, which is a months worth of wages for me?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-18-2014, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

No one!?

post #3 of 4 Old 02-23-2014, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'd think most of the experts posting here would advise against spending month's salary on a high end receiver that won't sound any different than your Pioneer. Personally I've moved from a Cambridge Audio intgrated amplifier to a cheaper Marantz receiver (which I now understand is a slightly more expensive Denon), and I couldn't be happier, largely due to the Audyssey room correction.

I've gone into my views on receivers on my blog here:
http://numeralnine.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/learning-to-love-the-receiver-for-2-0-stereo/

Peter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-24-2014, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwood Ave View Post

I'd think most of the experts posting here would advise against spending month's salary on a high end receiver that won't sound any different than your Pioneer. Personally I've moved from a Cambridge Audio intgrated amplifier to a cheaper Marantz receiver (which I now understand is a slightly more expensive Denon), and I couldn't be happier, largely due to the Audyssey room correction.

I've gone into my views on receivers on my blog here:
http://numeralnine.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/learning-to-love-the-receiver-for-2-0-stereo/

Thank You

Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page