Integrating whole-home audio with iNuke 3000DSP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2014, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Guys,

I am new to this but have been doing a lot of research and reading.  I've made some purchases recently and need some help with how to finish my setup.  I've included a drawing I did this morning to help show what I've done, and what I need help with.  All the speakers for the 5.1 HT have been made, but the remaining speakers throughout the house and the iNuke 3000DSP seyup is where I need your expert advice.  My goal was to use the iNuke to power my 'Marty sub' (Still building it) AND possible split the remaining wattage to help out the speakers throughout the rest of the house.  Any help is very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 351
I'm guessing you downloaded the manual?
The 3000 series has about 650watt RMS @ 4 ohms per channel, so if 1 channel is enough to power your martysub, then surly you can use it to power mono sound via the other channel to (2) 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel (4 ohms), or even (4) 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel (2 ohm load the amp will see) using those 1050 RMS @ 2 ohms....though most people tend to stay away from 2 ohm loading the amp.....

iNukeDSPmanual.pdf 3416k .pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iNukeDSPmanual.pdf (3.34 MB, 8 views)
Old 02-06-2014, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I downloaded it and read through it, but most of it is Greek to me.  I wish there was an easy to understand analogy to explain Ohms, RMS, independence, bridging and so on.  Just about the time I thin I've got one figured out, I learn something new that challenges what little I do know.  I'll keep reading... 

Old 02-06-2014, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 351
You realize in your schematic you are showing 2 speakers per room, stereo I assume, but your iNuke has only 2 amps and with 1 for your sub only 1 for mono sound?

Via my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I'd suggest putting the pairs, ie foyer, patio and master bedroom in series (individually, each pair, not the entire 6), each with it's own volume control. Add a 4th line for the bathroom for the single speaker there and add it's own volume control. Run the 4 lines back to the Behringer's position and connect then all in parallel. Assuming 8R speakers that would give that channel a 3.2R load. The bathroom because it is not in series with another driver will need it's own VC as it will be louder than the others and it might be a feature you appreciate later anyway. Each VC will need to be matched to the load I assume, so the pairs will be 16R and the bathroom 8R. You'd need to link to the items you want to use so I can confirm. You also only need single pair cables everywhere.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I follow you, but each pair, except for the single bathroom speaker, has their own VC currently.  What is the reason I can't use the existing VC that currently control each of the pairs now and just eliminate one pair of wires from the 4 wire lead going to the VC and then rewire the speakers in series?  I really would hate to have to pull all new wire.  

Old 02-06-2014, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

mtbdudex, yeah I realize that.  It's one of the reasons I'm reaching out to you all.  I'm hoping there is a way to make it all work without too much work.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird75 View Post

Ok, I follow you, but each pair, except for the single bathroom speaker, has their own VC currently.  What is the reason I can't use the existing VC that currently control each of the pairs now and just eliminate one pair of wires from the 4 wire lead going to the VC and then rewire the speakers in series?  I really would hate to have to pull all new wire.  
You can put all three bedroom speakers in series, but depending upon the way you've wired what's there, it could be a PITA. Also, the bathroom being more reverberant will sound louder than in a better damped bedroom.