Wall mounting Acend HTM-200s? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-31-2014, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I recently purchased a pair of Ascend HTM-200s for my surround speakers, but am having trouble finding a wall mount for them. They connect to a wall mount using two 1/4" 20 thread screws (the two screws towards the bottom here), but most mounts I've seen that are capable of holding 10 lbs (here, for instance) look to attach to a single 1/4" 20 thread screw. I've tried finding an adapter plate to connect these two together, but so far nothing has turned up. What can I do to attach my speakers to this type of mount?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-01-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 723
I've used Pinpoint mounts that came with an adapter plate, AM-20 maybe AM-30s. I found they didn't support the 200SE's weight very well, though. Have you considered the Pinpoint AM40s instead (a shelf wall mount where you don't use the mounting holes). The AM-10 I almost tried and it might do the trick http://www.pinpointmounts.com/AM-10_Universal_Bookshelf_Speaker_Wall_Mount.html#.UzrVN1cvmHg

post #3 of 3 Old 04-01-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I suggest that you mount wood shelves on the wall with steel L-brackets, mounted so that the brackets are under the shelves and behind the speaker on the wall.

Just set the speakers on the shelves.

Another approach would be to use two flat pieces of metal, and drill four holes in each piece; two to mount the speaker to with the screws, and two to put long round head wood screws into the wall through just below the bottom of the speaker.

This will need to be fairly thick metal, so that it is solid and rigid.

It needs to be 4 or 5 inches wide, and long enough to hang down below the speaker an inch or so where the wall-mounting holes will be.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page