What do I need and what would be the best receiver/speaker setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Chamberlin10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, new to the forum so I'm probably asking something that has already been asked. My wife and I are building a new house and I would like some info on receiver/speaker setup. We are planning on having 5 inwall/ceiling speakers in the living room and 2 outside on the back patio. I would like to be able to listen to both zones separately if possible. Also there will be a tv outside that would be connected as well. What would be my best setup for this? Receivers, speakers, controls etc. thanks in advance.
Chamberlin10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 04-04-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bladerunner6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlin10 View Post

Hey guys, new to the forum so I'm probably asking something that has already been asked. My wife and I are building a new house and I would like some info on receiver/speaker setup. We are planning on having 5 inwall/ceiling speakers in the living room and 2 outside on the back patio. I would like to be able to listen to both zones separately if possible. Also there will be a tv outside that would be connected as well. What would be my best setup for this? Receivers, speakers, controls etc. thanks in advance.

Budget?

Listening preferences?

Room size?

Why in-walls?
bladerunner6 is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Chamberlin10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Room size is 20x15. We re looking to spend around 2k. Not really set on wall mounted but figured that would be better than in ceiling speakers.
Chamberlin10 is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 04-06-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bladerunner6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlin10 View Post

Room size is 20x15. We re looking to spend around 2k. Not really set on wall mounted but figured that would be better than in ceiling speakers.

Why in-walls or ceiling speakers?
bladerunner6 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 04-06-2014, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Chamberlin10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's an open floor plan that is open to the kitchen the rear speakers will have to be either wall or ceiling as I'm not sure where else I could put them
Chamberlin10 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bladerunner6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlin10 View Post

It's an open floor plan that is open to the kitchen the rear speakers will have to be either wall or ceiling as I'm not sure where else I could put them

Would bookshelf or towers be okay for the front three and maybe some wall mounted for the tears?
bladerunner6 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 04-06-2014, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Chamberlin10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes that would be fine. I just want it to sound as good as I can without spending a fortune and be able to have a couple speakers outside that I can possibly listen to separately
Chamberlin10 is offline  
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off