Av delay with new system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2014, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi everyone.  Frequent lurker, new poster here.  Couple questions...

Just bought a new system (Budget friendly).  I was stuck between two receivers and am now noticing an issue with my chosen one.

My system:

Vizio M551d-A2R TV

Pioneer VSX-43 Receiver

Sony bdp bx58 Blu-ray

Energy Take 5.1 classic speakers

I was stuck between Pioneer and Sony STR-DN840.  I went with the pioneer for it's multi-zone as I have a second pair of speakers in a screened in porch. (and it was cheaper)  However I really liked reviews of Sony, and had old Sony lasted 20 years, and still works.

It is all hooked up via HDMI (High speed 3d capable)

There is noticeable AV delay while watching blu Ray.  Based on searching, I understand this can be an issue.  I also noticed the pioneer has a setting for this.  Just wondered if changing the receiver would fix this.  Also, if I set it to fix the sync, will things change with each movie I watch?

I also could not get ARC to work correctly.  So I added an optical cable from TV to receiver so when I am watching Netflix, I can have 5.1 sound.

One feature I wish I could have was the ability to name the inputs on the front display.  By Blue ray is hooked into the BD input, because I needed the DVD component input for my Wii.  It would be nice to see Wii, instead of DVD on the display.  Not sure if the Sony can do that.  

I am 40 with Tinnitus, so I probably wont hear the difference in receivers sound quality.  I went for features.

Thanks!

Jason

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 07:13 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 862
The problem, I would say is that you have things connected wrong. The receiver should be the hub of the system, not the TV. All of your inputs like the blu ray should be connected to the receiver. Nothing should be connected to the TV except for the HDMI out from the receiver to the HDMI in on the TV. Use HDMI for everything. Make the TV a peripheral as it should be. That should solve the issue.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Sorry.  That is how I have it hooked up.  All HDMI from peripherals to receiver, with the HDMI out to the HDMI-1(ARC) of the TV.  Plus the optical work around.

Gear in this thread