Help with outdoor speakers! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2014, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have outdoor speakers that connect to banana jack wall plate inside house. Want to somehow connect tv so can here outside. The only audio output I can figure out is 3.5mm with rca plugs on the end. Is there anyway to connect to banana jacks? Is there a way change wall plate to rca?(Connecting speaker wire to rca plate). A receiver is out of the question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2014, 02:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 1058
Won't work. Your tv doesn't have amplifier outputs for your speakers, you need a receiver or integrated amp. You could get a simple integrated amp like one of these http://www.parts-express.com/cat/amplifiers/106

ps Banana plugs may or may not be able to be used with a particular terminal and can easily be converted to bare wire ends if needed (some of the cheaper amps/receivers may not come with binding posts that accept banana plugs). Only time RCA connectors are used with speakers are for active speakers, i.e. speakers with their own built-in amplifiers (speakers that need amplification are called passive speakers).
lukedukeharder likes this.

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz