post #1 of 4 Old 05-26-2014, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
Hopefully in right forum area ,
Bought a Sennheiser RS130 System(? 2005-2006) with two Headphones HDR130
with TR130 Base-charger-transmitter (926MHz variant) which has two RCA L&R Male connectors. It worked well when we had a Sony Trinitron
Tube TV with L&R audio out. Since buying The Sony Bravia 40EX640 December 2012
(with a Cable Box also ) no luck in connecting (did get distorted sound from the audio outs of the cable box (?pre HDMI to TV ) *Have not tested headphones any where else*

The TV has a Digital Optical Out Audio (Toslink ) and a port marked in the online and print manual as Audio out (both being individual Audio outs , The Audio Out is also noted as Analog Out (but type of port (input of what is not in the manual only a port and wire (in Manual and quick-start guide ) (which I "think" is what
the Sennheiser Headphones are (and RF ) a RCA Male to Two female
adapter did not help (the Audio Out (analog ) ? it may be 3.5mm trs
(the other Mhz version of these headphones had a 3.5mm connector to the TV ) In reading-researching I came upon DAC convertors
but if the Audio out(Analog on the TV ) can be used it would (?) require
a 3.5mm trs to RCA male or female L&R (and I have not seen one )

I would rather use the analog out (as it states to be used to hook up to external audio devices including stereos , I did email Sennheiser and their reply was a component like device (I think) I saved it (I have been working on this for ? 12 months so thought, well over due to post a ?

Input would be greatly appreciated , The Sennheiser Headphones were expensive and a Gift to my Wife (and a set of headphones for myself )

Also have a Sony Stereo and speakers not currently hooked up ?is that a work around (Auxillary in) Also have via HDMI a Apple TV and LG Blueray Player in to the TV (The TV is in a entertainment center bought for the prior TV which the picture just turned green and then out .

Thanks David diamondblues

confused.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-27-2014, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I did locate a 1/8 (male ) single in to (2) Female outs as well as a 3.5 mm trs to two Female RCA outs (adapters ) for 2.98 to 4.99 (it has a 12 inch cord as well )

Perhaps this a work around ( I am still looking for the Sennheiser Suggested
"box " work around
The Transmitter is a TR130 (Base and charger with a power supply 9V DC
and both headphones are HDR130
I bought (1) system RS130 and a additional set of HDR130 headphones
(the use NIMH aaa 1.2 volts batteries rechargeable by base station ) Perhaps the batteries may or should be replaced with new same as batteries as well (for testing on another TV (we have a Tube TV ) and another Sony Bravia as well .
Only one has a cable box (TV we plan to use headphones with ) it has fixed-variable option as did our prior Sony Trinitron 36" TV

Just adding info
Thanks
David
diamondblues
post #3 of 4 Old 05-27-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I have read your post 3 times now and it is as clear as mud to me, lol.

I can't quite be sure WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH!!

I THINK you are trying to get a signal from the TV to the headphones so you can use the headphones to listen to the TV. Is that the case? That is very simple to do.

I am using the RS180 headphones, which on the base unit has a 3.5MM stereo INPUT jack, and two RCA OUTPUT JACKS to send the audio signals back OUT from the headphone base to a subwoofer or some other audio device. I suspect yours has the same things. All of the Sennheiser base units seem to be configured this way.

I think the whole problem here is that you are confusing the RCA OUTPUT JACKS on the headphone base with the 3.5mm stereo AUDIO INPUT JACK!

You may be connecting the input signal to the RCA OUTPUT JACKS; that obviously does not work.

According to the manual for your TV, the SONY TV analog audio out connector is a 3.5mm stereo female jack (to the right of the LAN connector). If the input on your headphone base is also a 3.5mm stereo female jack, as it is on the RS170 and RS180, then all you need is a cable with a male 3.5mm stereo plug on both ends to go direct from the TV to the headphone base unit (Monoprice #5577 or 5578)

If the INPUT jacks on your 926Mhz model ARE RCA jacks,as may be the case, then you need a cable with a 3.5mm stereo plug on the TV end and RCA plugs on the headphone base end (Monoprice #5598 or 5599).
post #4 of 4 Old 05-28-2014, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondblues View Post

Hi,

I did locate a 1/8 (male ) single in to (2) Female outs as well as a 3.5 mm trs to two Female RCA outs (adapters ) for 2.98 to 4.99 (it has a 12 inch cord as well )

Perhaps this a work around ( I am still looking for the Sennheiser Suggested
"box " work around
The Transmitter is a TR130 (Base and charger with a power supply 9V DC
and both headphones are HDR130
I bought (1) system RS130 and a additional set of HDR130 headphones
(the use NIMH aaa 1.2 volts batteries rechargeable by base station ) Perhaps the batteries may or should be replaced with new same as batteries as well (for testing on another TV (we have a Tube TV ) and another Sony Bravia as well .
Only one has a cable box (TV we plan to use headphones with ) it has fixed-variable option as did our prior Sony Trinitron 36" TV

Just adding info
Thanks
David
diamondblues

Connect your Sony TV to the TR130 base via the audio output jack from tv to the audio in of the headset base station. You do need the tip ring shield mini cable jack for stereo output.

Go into your TV audio menu. You can set the audio to TV or audio output jacks, as well as variable and fixed audio levels. See page 53 of the Sony TV manual.

I used this cable on my 2012 Sony TV, and it worked fine. You may want a different cable end (female instead of male) and cable length, but at 3.5 mm TRS plug is all you need at the TV end.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-MU6MMRCA-6-Feet-Stereo-Audio/dp/B00009B59S/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1401343950&sr=1-11&keywords=startech+3.5mm+to+rca

Here is a 3.5 MM stereo to RCA female.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-MU1MFRCA-Stereo-Audio-Female/dp/B00066HPUQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1401343758&sr=1-2&keywords=3.5+mm+to+rca+female
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page