AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio theory, Setup and Chat (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-audio-theory-setup-chat/)
-   -   A General Room Correction Software Question (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-audio-theory-setup-chat/1577417-general-room-correction-software-question.html)

Vince11Vince 06-23-2014 06:28 PM

A General Room Correction Software Question

I am sorry if this question has been asked and answered but...
I have a Yamaha CX-A5000 preamp and a Velodyne dd-12 sub.
I don't think that my specific components matter other than to say that both have "room correction" software on-board. How should I proceed to set up my speaker system? Do I run the Yamaha YAPO and turn off my sub and then let the Velodyne software do it's thing afterwards? Do I attempt to have YAPO take over for my 9 speakers as well as my Velodyne?
I use my system 50/50 for movies and 2 channel stereo music. I can set the speaker crossover on my Yamaha at Large/Small and in the Large setting have many options for crossover points.
BTW, when I let YAPO attempt to run the entire show, I get a W-30 error which I believe is due to the need to do subwoofer tweaking. However, before I begin to experiment in that mode I thought I would reach out to the community.
Your thoughts would be appreciated,
Vince11Vince

grasshoppers 06-23-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince11Vince (Post 25208193)
I am sorry if this question has been asked and answered but...
I have a Yamaha CX-A5000 preamp and a Velodyne dd-12 sub.
I don't think that my specific components matter other than to say that both have "room correction" software on-board. How should I proceed to set up my speaker system? Do I run the Yamaha YAPO and turn off my sub and then let the Velodyne software do it's thing afterwards? Do I attempt to have YAPO take over for my 9 speakers as well as my Velodyne?
I use my system 50/50 for movies and 2 channel stereo music. I can set the speaker crossover on my Yamaha at Large/Small and in the Large setting have many options for crossover points.
BTW, when I let YAPO attempt to run the entire show, I get a W-30 error which I believe is due to the need to do subwoofer tweaking. However, before I begin to experiment in that mode I thought I would reach out to the community.
Your thoughts would be appreciated,
Vince11Vince

Generally speaking you should run the correction on your
Sub FIRST then YAPO.

I couldn't find a "W-30" error but I did find a W-3 code which
Means there is a big difference in sound levels between
Speakers and/or sub. Maybe sub is turned too low or high.

Vince11Vince 06-23-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grasshoppers (Post 25209201)
Generally speaking you should run the correction on your
Sub FIRST then YAPO.

I couldn't find a "W-30" error but I did find a W-3 code which
Means there is a big difference in sound levels between
Speakers and/or sub. Maybe sub is turned too low or high.

Grasshoppers,
Thanks for your quick advice. You are correct. I meant to say "W-3" error. I will give your advice a try and thanks again for your help.
Vince11Vince