Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-16-2014, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Multi Zone Setup

Hello all!!

Here is my multi-zone setup. I settled on The Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 that will be powering 3 pairs of Yamaha NS-IC600 ceiling speakers and 1 pair of outdoor Polk Atrium 5 speakers. I didn't want volume switches in each room so I went with the Aton 4 room speaker selector to control each area separately through my ipad or iphone app. My current goal is to only use this setup for background music. In the future i may use it to power my home theatre setup.

I am extremely dumb in trying to figuring out if I need an additional amp to help power the speakers or if I am fine with what I have for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-16-2014, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyo View Post
Hello all!!

Here is my multi-zone setup. I settled on The Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 that will be powering 3 pairs of Yamaha NS-IC600 ceiling speakers and 1 pair of outdoor Polk Atrium 5 speakers. I didn't want volume switches in each room so I went with the Aton 4 room speaker selector to control each area separately through my ipad or iphone app. My current goal is to only use this setup for background music. In the future i may use it to power my home theatre setup.

I am extremely dumb in trying to figuring out if I need an additional amp to help power the speakers or if I am fine with what I have for now.

It appears that your Aton speaker selector relies on just one set of power amps such as the ones in your Yamaha AVR.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-16-2014, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So in other words I am good with what I have...? I have been trying to educate myself enough to make the right choices for this current setup I'm looking into.

Thanks!!
post #4 of 4 Old 07-16-2014, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyo View Post
So in other words I am good with what I have...? I have been trying to educate myself enough to make the right choices for this current setup I'm looking into.

Thanks!!
Yeah, you should be good with what you have.

Just run the 'Zone 2' Left and Right to the Aton inputs. That will leave you 7.2 for your main listening area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page