Looking for assistance with commercial bar/restaurant audio setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 08-12-2014, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looking for assistance with commercial bar/restaurant audio setup

So I need to set up the audio for a commercial drinking establishment. It has relatively simple needs, mostly revolving around playing music for ambient noise. They will likely host occasional events that will need a microphone setup, and although they do not plan on having live sports broadcast regularly, they will require the ability to pipe the audio over the speakers for large events like the playoffs or Super Bowl. It is a more casual, conversational atmosphere, rather than a loud party bar or club atmosphere.

I have been searching the forums diligently and getting a lot of good advice to get me started. I have also been looking at this guide, which I have found very helpful: http://www.associatedtelephone.com/f...AudioGuide.pdf. But I'd like to run my thoughts by you guys to see what you think.

The space is approximately 75x22. 14 foot ceilings. We will be running 8 foot acoustic sound dampening baffling at 4 foot intervals the length of the room. Given the sound paneling and the height of the ceilings, it seems to me that in-ceiling speakers would likely not be the best idea. So judging from that commercial audio guide, I feel that we would be using a total of four wall baffle speakers, staggered such that each covers the just under 20 foot space described in that guide I linked previously. Does that plan seem to make sense? What would be some quality, but not budget-breaking speakers that you would recommend? I see a lot of stuff from Bogen, such as the WB1EZ - would that be decent?

Assuming that speaker plan works, I was thinking I would get a Crown 160A mixer amp, then wiring the speakers into that. The room is a single zone that should all be at similar volumes. In the future we will likely need to expand to have the capacity to add sound for an outdoor seating area, but that area does not exist yet.

Is there anything that I'm missing here? Any other suggestions or thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page