need help for my setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2014, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Exclamation need help for my setup

I have samsung smart tv 48" h6400 series 6, ht-h5550 samsung home theatre, XBOX ONE, XBOX 360, and DVB Receiver.

I need the best solution to connect all of them togather and get surround sound Like DTS or 5.1 uncompressed.

the problem that I found that the SAMSUNG AVR does not has HDMI in, it has only 1 optical port and 1 HDMI out, also the AVR and the TV have ARC and CEC features.

so what is the best setup to get all of them passthrough the surround sound.

I made a search about MATRIX switches, does it make some help ???

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by wld2233 View Post
I have samsung smart tv 48" h6400 series 6, ht-h5550 samsung home theatre, XBOX ONE, XBOX 360, and DVB Receiver.

I need the best solution to connect all of them togather and get surround sound Like DTS or 5.1 uncompressed.

the problem that I found that the SAMSUNG AVR does not has HDMI in, it has only 1 optical port and 1 HDMI out, also the AVR and the TV have ARC and CEC features.

so what is the best setup to get all of them passthrough the surround sound.
This is your owners manual for reference:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...N_20140402.pdf

Your HTiB only has two traditional inputs - neither can support the lossless surround that you are wanting as optical can only support compressed surround formats:

Quote:
Two methods of connecting external devices to your home cinema are explained below.
Method 1 AUX IN : Connecting an External Analogue Component
Method 2 OPTICAL : Connecting an External Digital Audio Component
Your only other possibility, as you suggest, is the ARC through the HDMI cable connected to your TV. As your manual states on page 18, you must set ARC to ON or AUTO and you may have to enable it on your TV. Also, most TVs only support ARC on a particular HDMI input - use that one to your HTiB. Then you can connect your other HDMI components to your TV and it will pass audio back to your HTiB control box.

2-Ch (HT L/R): Oppo BDP-105 BD, Adcom GFP-750 pre, Bryston 10B Sub Xover, Bryston 4BSST2 / Paradigm Signature S4 v.2 (L/R), (2) SVS SB12-NSD (Subs)
Home Theater: Bryston 4BSST2 amp / Paradigm CC-590 (C), Outlaw 7700 amp / (4) Def Tech UIW-RSSII (LS/RS/LB/RB), Samsung 46” 3D LCD
Old 08-20-2014, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
thank you for your reply.

just one thing I want to ask about arc. if I play video through the TV's usb port and that video has a DTS or DD, will the ARC connection give me DTS or DD passthrough ?