post #31 of 47 Old 08-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post
I received an email from HomeTheaterReview concerning Transparent Cables. It's the kind of story that could make its way to a Lifetime movie because of the comfort it gave the protagonist Brian let alone the hope for thousands of others like him.
Lifetime TV, sometimes known as "the victim channel" .
Yes, it is heartwarming. And who could have possibly predicted that our favorite self-proclaimed "objectivist" would defend this practice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 08-29-2014, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJ View Post
And not even an 800 number.

LOL - they can't afford it!
post #33 of 47 Old 08-30-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc56 View Post
Yes, it is heartwarming. And who could have possibly predicted that our favorite self-proclaimed "objectivist" would defend this practice?
Darn right... You tell them Andy.

Oh wait!

Amir
Retired Technology Insider
Founder, Madrona Digital
"Insist on Quality Engineering"
post #34 of 47 Old 08-30-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

If you really want to warm your heart, this is the story Chu should have posted http://app.audiogon.com/listings/twe...22042-mosby-va

Machina Dynamica Clever Little Watch Wearable technology

Item Description
This auction is for Machina Dynamic's brand new product, the Clever Little Watch. The Clever Little Watch is wearable version of our Clever Little Clock at only one third the price. The watch improves both audio and picture quality of any video system. The watch can be worn in the car, taken to the movies, taken to the show, or left on the table in the listening room. As with its big brother, the sound will improve proportional to the number of watches in the room. Get a bunch.
We accept Paypal and shipping via USPS.

Questions for the seller
Q: What does this watch do? Please be specific. Thanks! BTW, I am a physics instructor. --howard [Amir: This is Chu's real name]

A: You're a physics instructor? Uh, oh, you might not like my answer. The watch is programmed to interact with the mind and reduces the effects of having an additional time reference enter the room via the recording and the speakers. The time, a millisecond at a time, from when the recording was made is embedded in the recording with the acoustic information. The effect of the watch is to improve the way sound and video are perceived, I.e., heard and seen, by eliminating the interfering time reference. Somewhat analogous to time coherence.

Read more at http://app.audiogon.com/listings/twe...QVbPBTu1dPM.99

I have already put in the bid at $26. Don't try to outbid me as I have automatic bidding with $1 over anything you bid....

Amir
Founder, Madrona Digital
post #35 of 47 Old 08-30-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1657 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post
We covered this in another thread. Their cables have an ultrasonic filter whose response depends on the termination impedance in the user's audio gear. They have to open the box, change the components and test it.
$350 is a reasonable fee for such manual work. If you think it is too much, you can set up shop and do it for less. .
I totally agree with you Amir. ...And I would say that they should even charge more than only $350 to do all that work.

* If you want true transparency (neutrality without coloring) in your cables, you have to pay more for the high technology, the deep thinking, the manpower, the years of dedicated work, all the time and money invested and that went into what makes Transparent cables audio company what they truly are; one of the biggest ripoffs in audio cables. ...And that, without paying extra, they wouldn't be what they truly are.

Face it, tell it like it truly is; reality pure and simple: Abso!ute money pizza enterprising for the sole purpose of making money out of the poor souls who are ignorant and rich, just like MIT.

I have great respect for your level of intelligence Amir. ...And your sharing with us all.
post #36 of 47 Old 08-30-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 404
I don't know about you, but I calibrate and certify my cables to my speakers and amplifiers with this:
http://www.shopflir.com/p12100/flir_...red_camera.php
I found that it worked best if you buy a new one every time you power things off or on, as it can only be used once, and so I do...
IT WORKS! BEST UPGRADE EVER! SIMPLY AMAZING!
post #37 of 47 Old 08-30-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
If you really want to warm your heart, this is the story Chu should have posted http://app.audiogon.com/listings/twe...22042-mosby-va

Machina Dynamica Clever Little Watch Wearable technology

Item Description
This auction is for Machina Dynamic's brand new product, the Clever Little Watch. The Clever Little Watch is wearable version of our Clever Little Clock at only one third the price. The watch improves both audio and picture quality of any video system. The watch can be worn in the car, taken to the movies, taken to the show, or left on the table in the listening room. As with its big brother, the sound will improve proportional to the number of watches in the room. Get a bunch.
We accept Paypal and shipping via USPS.

Questions for the seller
Q: What does this watch do? Please be specific. Thanks! BTW, I am a physics instructor. --howard [Amir: This is Chu's real name]

A: You're a physics instructor? Uh, oh, you might not like my answer. The watch is programmed to interact with the mind and reduces the effects of having an additional time reference enter the room via the recording and the speakers. The time, a millisecond at a time, from when the recording was made is embedded in the recording with the acoustic information. The effect of the watch is to improve the way sound and video are perceived, I.e., heard and seen, by eliminating the interfering time reference. Somewhat analogous to time coherence.

Read more at http://app.audiogon.com/listings/twe...QVbPBTu1dPM.99

I have already put in the bid at $26. Don't try to outbid me as I have automatic bidding with $1 over anything you bid....
Fantastic!
post #38 of 47 Old 08-30-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
I totally agree with you Amir. ...And I would say that they should even charge more than only $350 to do all that work.

* If you want true transparency (neutrality without coloring) in your cables, you have to pay more for the high technology, the deep thinking, the manpower, the years of dedicated work, all the time and money invested and that went into what makes Transparent cables audio company what they truly are; one of the biggest ripoffs in audio cables. ...And that, without paying extra, they wouldn't be what they truly are.

Face it, tell it like it truly is; reality pure and simple: Abso!ute money pizza enterprising for the sole purpose of making money out of the poor souls who are ignorant and rich, just like MIT.

I have great respect for your level of intelligence Amir. ...And your sharing with us all.
Oh SNAP!U didn't?
post #39 of 47 Old 08-30-2014, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
One scams as good as another, that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to audio "tweaks".

They all seem to find someone to fall for it, and still others willing to defend them.
post #40 of 47 Old 08-30-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamZX11 View Post
..., and still others willing to defend them.
If they didn't then they would have to question everything else too and that leads to their downfall
post #41 of 47 Old 08-31-2014, 02:09 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Perhaps it tells time accurately. That would be a plus.
post #42 of 47 Old 08-31-2014, 02:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu View Post
Yes, and when I m done I will then go heard some cats.

Do the cats have something interesting to say?

post #43 of 47 Old 08-31-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
Do the cats have something interesting to say?
No more than this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkr View Post
Quoted for record. Is that what's really posted or is that the distorted version of what's posted? Perhaps having the distortion level examined is the next order of business.

Amir
Founder, Madrona Digital
post #44 of 47 Old 08-31-2014, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Nothing goes better with the colorful Clever Little Watch than this set of colorful Clever Little Holographic Vibrating Atmospheric Modulators.

They prepare the air in your room by actively randomizing the air molecules to remove residual sonic traces of previously listened to music. This allows you to enjoy the experience of hearing the music as if for the first time. Allow the little lady to place them where she thinks they'll do the most good and be prepared to hear sounds like you've never heard before. Small enough to fit anywhere but powerful enough to do the job. One is usually enough but more can be used for quicker clarification.

Batteries not included.
Ratman likes this.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #45 of 47 Old 08-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Some people seem to take those forums too seriously...

Anyways, I just found a new job. I will start my own cable calibration business. I just need one or two fishes....eehh, clients, since their cables will have to be calibrated (by me only) on a regular basis to keep sounding optimal.

The cable itself is not important. Calibration is. Regular calibration, I mean.

Stef
post #46 of 47 Old 08-31-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post
Allow the little lady to place them where she thinks they'll do the most good and be prepared to hear sounds like you've never heard before.
Aye! Not just women anymore! Men like 'em too.
post #47 of 47 Old 08-31-2014, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnarus View Post
I'm surprised it wasn't a 900 number.
+1. Funny.
Reply Audio theory, Setup and Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version