Need something to transmit audio from my receiver as Bluetooth audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-30-2014, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Need something to transmit audio from my receiver as Bluetooth audio

So, I have an Onkyo 7.1 receiver that's a few years old, doesn't have WiFi, Bluetooth, or ARC. I also have an LG 47LM7600, with all of my sources going into it via HDMI. From the TV, I have an optical audio cable going into the receiver. This TV supports passing Dolby 5.1 from the HDMI sources into the optical audio output, which is feeding my receiver. This is my setup now.

I just got one of those fancy home theater recliners that have built in speakers and a subwoofer (which I actually didn't even realize when I bought the thing...go figure). There are no audio inputs on it, it's only done wirelessly through Bluetooth. I connected my phone to it (the chair acts as a bluetooth headset), and it sounds fairly decent.

My end goal is to somehow find a device that will let me transmit the output of the Onkyo to Bluetooth, so I can run the audio to my chair. Does such a device exist? When I connected my phone to the chair, I did have to input a standard 0000 passkey on my phone to do it, so I'm thinking whatever mythical device can do this for me needs to be able to find a bluetooth headset and connect to it via a passkey.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-30-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 156
There are MANY bluetooth transmitters out there - you can search Amazon and there are dozens. Some work well and some do not - these are some common problems:

- The transmitter has a lot of latency (delay) and the sound and picture will be out of sync (if you are trying to watch video)
- Can't charge (or power via adapter) and use the transmitter at the same time
- Difficult to pair
- Don't support the type of Bluetooth you need (A2DP, etc)

My first Sony transmitter had a full 1.5 seconds of latency and could NOT be used with my TV for watching late night video. I now have a Sony HWS-BTA2W and it works fairly well - just a fraction of a second latency - maybe 100ms (1/10th second). I thought this was discontinued, but I see it for sale again:

http://store.sony.com/2-way-bluetoot...l-TV-AV-Cables
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Two-Way-B...th+transmitter

If you search for "bluetooth low latency" there are some new ones out there - I haven't tried this one but it got really good reviews (for a BT transmitter) - I don't know about that NFC pairing, I don't think that would work with my headphones (2 years old) but may work for you.

Avantree Priva Wireless Bluetooth Audio Transmitter for TV with aptX Low Latency Codec, Connects Two Headphones, White

2-Ch (HT L/R): Oppo BDP-105 BD, Adcom GFP-750 pre, Bryston 10B Sub Xover, Bryston 4BSST2 / Paradigm Signature S4 v.2 (L/R), (2) SVS SB12-NSD (Subs)
Home Theater: Bryston 4BSST2 amp / Paradigm CC-590 (C), Outlaw 7700 amp / (4) Def Tech UIW-RSSII (LS/RS/LB/RB), Samsung 46” 3D LCD
post #3 of 7 Old 08-30-2014, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post
So, I have an Onkyo 7.1 receiver that's a few years old, doesn't have WiFi, Bluetooth, or ARC. I also have an LG 47LM7600, with all of my sources going into it via HDMI. From the TV, I have an optical audio cable going into the receiver. This TV supports passing Dolby 5.1 from the HDMI sources into the optical audio output, which is feeding my receiver. This is my setup now.

I just got one of those fancy home theater recliners that have built in speakers and a subwoofer (which I actually didn't even realize when I bought the thing...go figure). There are no audio inputs on it, it's only done wirelessly through Bluetooth. I connected my phone to it (the chair acts as a bluetooth headset), and it sounds fairly decent.

My end goal is to somehow find a device that will let me transmit the output of the Onkyo to Bluetooth, so I can run the audio to my chair. Does such a device exist? When I connected my phone to the chair, I did have to input a standard 0000 passkey on my phone to do it, so I'm thinking whatever mythical device can do this for me needs to be able to find a bluetooth headset and connect to it via a passkey.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.
An Idea - yes, an actual solution that will meet your needs, so sure. please visit the link below...

http://www.channelvision.com/?s=Blue...%5B%5D=product
post #4 of 7 Old 08-30-2014, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Oh, forgot to mention how to hook this thing up - if you are going to use it for TV only and your TV has RCA or 3.5mm analog audio out use that.

If you are going to only use it with your Onkyo AVR, just connect it to the R/L fixed level audio jacks on the back of the AVR. Usually these are labeled "Rec Out" or "Record" next to a tape or CD recorder input - if you don't see them just post the model number of your Onkyo and we will try to help you!

2-Ch (HT L/R): Oppo BDP-105 BD, Adcom GFP-750 pre, Bryston 10B Sub Xover, Bryston 4BSST2 / Paradigm Signature S4 v.2 (L/R), (2) SVS SB12-NSD (Subs)
Home Theater: Bryston 4BSST2 amp / Paradigm CC-590 (C), Outlaw 7700 amp / (4) Def Tech UIW-RSSII (LS/RS/LB/RB), Samsung 46” 3D LCD
post #5 of 7 Old 08-30-2014, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 69
post #6 of 7 Old 08-31-2014, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Garidy,Dabsim here! Look all u have to do is go to Amazon. ? Look for a Taos Bluetooth transmitter? U can get either one ,receive or transmit? I went to radio shack. Got a 15 dollar 3.5 female with left and right rca male on the other end. Its pretty good wire and thick. I was shocked!connect ur Taos male Bluetooth receiver to the 3.5mm ,and connect ur rca to one of ur rca input on any Componant? Swith the unit to whatever rca connection u hooked it too? I play Google music from my LG 2 to my Pioneer sc37. I did it this way cause I'm not paying 100 bucks when I can do it this way for $30!! Hope this helps?
Now o have a question? Where do o go ,and not classified section. ? To sell my used gear?
Hope this heels ,and thank u,dabsim
P.s. it's ad2b whatever it is???
It's compatible

Last edited by dabsim; 09-01-2014 at 07:01 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-31-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sorry thats rca not Eva. My auto spell check. Proofread,ugh!! Oh,and I can charge it at the same time by connecting it to any usb charger? I have several on front of my power conditioner ,AVR... I don't know about other brands But I have never ever had one problem out of this brand . No ,I'm not affiliated!!
Going through either Pioneer sc model I've had connected to for the past yr and half. I use all the time ,several times a week.
It's Tao tectonics!! Going through the 32 bit sounds great. I mean I almost can't tell a diff . To the average listener wouldn't notice. I am shocked and still shocked!
Anyways,hope this helps?

Dabsim
P.s. I paid like $18.
Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page