AVS Forum banner

Sound traveling between speakers...

730 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  STIGUY2014 
#1 ·
It's really odd. Basically I hear more sound come out of one speaker, then the next, kind of like just that speaker is giving sound, then it cuts out and another does. Best way I can explain it.

Using a Denon AVR 2112CI and a set of NHT SuperOnes / SZ in surround, with a Center. All are hooked up properly. I have Audessy calibrated and turned on. I did not have this issue with my previous surround setup that also used Audessy. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Bananna plugs? I'm using them on all my speakers now and thinking maybe that's why?

It doesn't happen all the either - only some times, it's really bizzaire.

#2 ·
Probably loose wiring or bad solder points.
(Could be a bad DAC or FW but I doubt it...)

The only other time I've heard a misbalance is when one main is in a corner and the other is open to a dining room or kitchen etc etc. But that is static, it never changes.

#4 ·
Well...you have to do something. Banana plugs are great. Look up installing them DIY on YouTube just to make sure you didn't do something wrong. Take the front main left and right bananas off and connect without them. Now set the receiver to stereo/two channel mode,and listen to a CD. Post the results.

#5 ·
So I think it's fixed. I took the Bananna plugs off, but only on the speakers end, but so far in the week since I have, I haven't really experienced the issue I had previously. But they're still connected by them on the Receiver...but it seems to be fixed, and so does an issue I had with my center channel sounding vague and hard to understand / muffled. Must've been underpowered, all this time. Now it's clear and projects itself properly, imaging that is. I guess I'll remove the other ones at some point, but for now, it is working, and that's enough for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.