Why Continue to Contribute to AVS - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old Today, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Why Continue to Contribute to AVS

Within 30-seconds of making a request to Moderators to Moderate a member that has continuely been posting to INCITE, I recive the following message:

AVS Forum Notice
Dear Jady Jenkins,

You have received a warning at AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews.

Reason:
-------
Custom

if you continue to report posts for no reason, and then engage the poster, you will be asked to leave the thread

-------

Original Post:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-aud...l#post50654401
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFEer
It went from observation of customers to being academic. When did it cross over?
It has always been academic, audio reproduction is academic. Your question(s) requires an engineering perspective, therefore the responses are based on the academic realities, which govern an audio products design and manufacturing, regards of when you personally caught on to them being so.

In very plain English I have simplified things for you.

If a consumer doesn't have the gear or the skill-sets to make the measurements in question, at varying amplitudes, then they don't actually know what the impedance and phase qualities are throughout the band passes. 1 - 2 - 3 a very linear, academic progression.

If you cannot come to terms with this reality, fine, but there is no need to continually bagger me about it.

I think we are done with this circular discussion.
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow. Kindly adjust your posting style to conform to AVS Forum posting policies. An accumulation of infractions will result in a permanent ban from AVS Forum and infractions are not to be
discussed in the open forums. THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE...NO REPLY WILL BE RECEIVED. If you believe this to be an error, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

Thank You,
AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

I have been nothing but a gentleman, and due to the quick reply from the MOD, they had been reading the thread all along and letting the a member continually break forum rules.

My contributions are objective and presented as professional opinions and view points, based on having been an EE for nearing 25-years, and audio amplification and speaker system design being my actual day job.

I have made a magnanimous offer to objectively and professionally measure a series of amplifiers and carefully share the results and enter into discussion about them, with the forum at large. This is a multi-thousand dollar contribution... I am now asking myself, if I should bother, considering the sear imbalance in moderation that I witness in here day in and day out.

Why make AVS better if only to be chastised and unfairly infracted, and possibly, permanently banned.

AVS is a business and we are its bread and butter.

If the signal here is intended to suggest that i am not wanted, that objective, professional, thoughtful commentaries are not wanted then message received.

I will not make one further contribution, until I see a change. I will also be taking this higher up the ladder.

This is shameful!

The so-called Laws of Physic's are Theory's and nothing more, many of which remain unproven to any degree of certainty!

Last edited by Jady Jenkins; Today at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Today, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 1033
I get infractions on a regular basis. In fact I had 2 just the other day. It is frustrating, but it is what it is.

5 bucks says this thread gets shut down!

Just 'cause you're right doesn't mean I'm wrong
post #3 of 4 Old Today, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 394
because its not a right but a privilege.

I have been temp banned from a forum where I contributed 10's of thousands of dollars to their Company...dont get confused because of your day job.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512, Rythmik FV15HP

post #4 of 4 Old Today, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
because its not a right but a privilege.

I have been temp banned from a forum where I contributed 10's of thousands of dollars to their Company...dont get confused because of your day job.
I'm not confused.

We're talking at least a couple hundred hours of work. I make $125.00 an hour mate.

Then their the value of the amps - then the value of the test gear... it all comes to the table..

I'm not posting in here for sport, but to help those desiring to understand audio facts.

I bring objective verification to the table, and that is very costly.

Time and gear - easily north of 100K

Time spent measuring and documenting amplifier performances - is time that could be spent billing for my time and not giving it away - totally different then hanging in here for leisure.

I am willfully contributing to my industry - giving back if you will.

Find another with the skill-set, gear, and desire to offer up what I have - none to date!

The so-called Laws of Physic's are Theory's and nothing more, many of which remain unproven to any degree of certainty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page