Originally Posted by woody8755
what i thought was if it sounds this good with say 18foot ceiling and an open store, even though they had it set up right spks behindyou and bar in front it sounded fantastic
OK. I've just came back from the K950 demo. First impression - WOW
! This tiny thing sounds so strong.
Next I tested on HQ movies, music, sport, games with and without rear speakers and this is what I observed/heard:
- Atmos Bluray demo is totally amazing and sound almost killed me
but bear in mind that usually source of the sound is not so good
- sounds bad without rear speakers (no space, no power) - when using BL player it's OK, but for TV, PC with LQ sound source it means rear speakers will be off and it sux only on the front bar... not sure if possible to convert/simulate surround from Stereo? My Onkyo receiver can do that...
- 5.1/Atmos music sounds amazing
- stereo music is only OK
- by default bass is to deep and to strong - kills high tones in vocal/dialogue but I think EQ may help here
- has a problem with YT (TV/player)- sound level issues
What is great I can test for 30 days at my home and then keep or return this product so I'm going to use that opportunity and test longer to check if I can convert sound and force rear speakers to play every time - in the other way it sounds just a little better than ~500$ soundbar. Also it's a first Samsung Atmos model - for sure they will improve next one
Any alternatives for 5.1/Atmos under the 2000$ with good receiver and compact speakers?