Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-20-2009, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Job Site TIPS
Author: Grayson Evans
I've made most of these mistakes myself, even the safety related ones, so I speak from some experience.

I've seen so many installation crews waste so much time on the job over the years, that I thought it would be helpful to compile a list of time and frustration elimination suggestions for this month's TIP. Since I'm so disorganized, I've made most of these mistakes myself, even the safety related ones, so I speak from some experience. Hopefully you can pick up a few tips and save yourself some grief.

The most important tips I can pass along about the job site concerns safety. The job site is definitely dangerous and almost everyone I know, me included, has had some injury while working on the job, especially during the prewire construction phase. I have had a co-worker seriously injured and many of my friends in the industry have related stories of serious accidents, including deaths. It's a common problem and I hate to say I don't see much being done about it.

So my number one TIP: BE PREPARED.

Before you or your crew leaves for the job, make sure everyone knows what they're going to do if someone gets hurt. I classify injuries in three categories based on the action required. You need a plan for each one.

Read the complete article in the latest issue of our eMagazine at HomeToys.com
Reply Community News & Polls

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page