Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Having this poll right now is just like if a poll were taken about HDTV before there were any HD broadcasts. I'm sure that there would have been an overwhelming negative response to HD as well. Most people don't like feeling that something that they bought recently is going to be made obsolete by new technology. Of course 3D won't make any current 2D equipment obsolete, but it will make some people feel inferior in some way, so to avoid feeiing that way they just don't want 3D to happen. It would be far more responsible of the AVS Forum to conduct this poll after all the pieces are in place---TVs, Blu-ray movies, and 3D broadcasts(even if they're not ota).
Also, for what it's worth, 3D is not going to go away. It's fairly easy and inexpensive for the manufacturers to include, and eventually it will be in every tier of TV you can buy. You won't be able to buy a TV without 3D in three or four years. How much the 3D feature is used is another matter. Some people will watch a lot, some a little, and some people may never use the feature. We should have the choice, even though some people here don't want us to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycarole View Post

I voted fad. But I fear it's here to stay.

I feel the same, this should have been an option in the poll

SPS '98

I LOVE BEST BUY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #273 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire407 View Post

Having this poll right now is just like if a poll were taken about HDTV before there were any HD broadcasts. I'm sure that there would have been an overwhelming negative response to HD as well. Most people don't like feeling that something that they bought recently is going to be made obsolete by new technology. Of course 3D won't make any current 2D equipment obsolete, but it will make some people feel inferior in some way, so to avoid feeiing that way they just don't want 3D to happen. It would be far more responsible of the AVS Forum to conduct this poll after all the pieces are in place---TVs, Blu-ray movies, and 3D broadcasts(even if they're not ota).
Also, for what it's worth, 3D is not going to go away. It's fairly easy and inexpensive for the manufacturers to include, and eventually it will be in every tier of TV you can buy. You won't be able to buy a TV without 3D in three or four years. How much the 3D feature is used is another matter. Some people will watch a lot, some a little, and some people may never use the feature. We should have the choice, even though some people here don't want us to.

For me it has nothing to do with obsolescence or feeling inferior. The tech so far just doesn't do anything for me, although it might in my pj room. I wear glasses and hate hate hate having to wear another pair on top. If they can get rid of the glasses and other limitations maybe, but until then I'm in no rush.

XBL GT: Big Bucket
post #274 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by help_me_please View Post

I vote fad... not worth the extra $$$ to hurt my eyes during a flick...

Also, 10 of my closest buddies will be comming over to watch the world cup next month... should I run over and get 9 more pairs of 3D shades ($$$) so that we can all watch it in 3D together? Maybe I'll ask them to bring theirs along with the brewskis... yeah right... not right now anyway!

Forget the brewskis.....according to Samsung you should not watch it after consuming alcohol. Also, not a good idea to bring an expectant mother along because it's not recommended for them either. Enjoy the game!
post #275 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think it will survive in theaters but not in households.

I came...I saw...I bought an HDTV
PSN ID: dlawso235

post #276 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 03:23 PM

Not a fad but a planned marketing push. They made them bigger and bigger and clearer and clearer and thinner and thinner....now....as in market cycles of the past....the manufacturers will start the cycle again and introduce/develop new "options" for their already loaded up equipment.

Just like the automobile.
post #277 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:

HDTV was something new and innovative and most have bought new HDTVs in the last 3 years and most spent amounts they never would have on a tv. Now you think they are going to run out and buy another. Geeks, yes, early adopters, yes, the majority of the American public in a poor economy who just bought an HDTV, hell no they aren't going to get 3D.
post #278 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I think this poll proves that not even early adopters are rushing out for 3D considering that this site is made up of many, many early adopters (if not a majority).

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #279 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I like gaming in 3D but I don't like movies in 3D (I don't think it adds anything while it does for games). I do think it will be an option in sets from now on. People who are worried about it: you don't have to use it if you don't want to. Just don't buy the glasses. The sets themselves really aren't that much more expensive.
post #280 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

I think 3D will survive and improve in gaming for now. It's the next logical step in gaming. Gaming is more an individual activity, even if you're playing with friends. Your concentration is on what is in front of you, so wearing glasses for the 3D effect would blend into the game playing and make it even more exciting and challenging.

For TV viewing, 3D has a long way to go yet. Hell, we need work right now on getting the best and the most HD.

Ghpr13

Info=Knowledge=Understanding=Better TV!
I see dead pixels!
post #281 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

I think this poll proves that not even early adopters are rushing out for 3D considering that this site is made up of many, many early adopters (if not a majority).

Bingo - No one is fooled - delighted with the improvements? OK

i could argue Cameron is selling a dolled up Charles Wheatstone discovery,
but that would ruffle feathers.
post #282 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I saw a demo today. It was effective but I can not see watching movies like that at home. I think id did give me a slight headache.

post #283 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

fire407,

3D is not bringing us the same performance gain as HDTV or SDTV. Also, nobody is taking away anyone's choice to have 3D. It's just a simple pole to steer up the juices. For those who fancy 3D they should pursue it and those that don't won't. I'm the latter, but I don't begrudge those who want 3D. It's called choices.

Respectfully,
Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

Oppo BDP-105, Denon DVD-5910CI, Cambridge 752BD, Cambridge 640C V2

Paradigm Signature S8, Paradigm Signature ADP1

Paradigm Signature ADP3, Paradigm Signature C5

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Oppo BDP-93, BDP-103D, Pioneer BDP-320

Sony BDP-S790

post #284 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risk235 View Post

I think it will survive in theaters but not in households.

risk235,

I agree. It's almost impossible to replicate the immersion of 3D in your home. For the handful of movies that may be worth watching it's not worth the investment IMO.

Respectfully,
Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Sony BDP-S790

post #285 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 191
If the 3D TV set has better specs and better PQ then the standard HD now available - we'll buy it on that basis - 3D, we all know will be different iteration tomorrow and the current technology will be swept under the carpet. And there's always the You don't have to Use it if you don't want to addage!
post #286 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

If the 3D TV set has better specs and better PQ then the standard HD now available - we'll buy it on that basis - 3D, we all know will be different iteration tomorrow and the current technology will be swept under the carpet. And there's always the You don't have to Use it if you don't want to addage!

If you call 120Hz or 240Hz refresh rates better, however, the non 3D sets have been moving in that direction....but for different reasons. For 3D it's necessary for alternating frames, while for non 3D sets it's being used for "smoother" motion. But it's been worthless if you watch film.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #287 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

HDTV was something new and innovative and most have bought new HDTVs in the last 3 years and most spent amounts they never would have on a tv. Now you think they are going to run out and buy another. Geeks, yes, early adopters, yes, the majority of the American public in a poor economy who just bought an HDTV, hell no they aren't going to get 3D.

Again, you're among those arguing that no one could possibly be buying a new TV now or anytime in the next 5 years because EVERYONE just spent huge amounts of money on HDTVs. There will always be new TVs sold. I'm not naive enough to think that everyone buying a new TV now will pay for a top of the line TV with 3D. However, the tech is easy for the manufacturers to implement, and it will work it's way down to the budget TVs soon. Vizio will have 3D TVs out later this year. Again, go into any Best Buy tomorrow, and I am sure that you will see people in there buying TVs, even with today's economy. Not everyone has bought an HDTV yet, and again, eventually any set sold will have the 3D tech. I still feel that the haters on this forum are people that did spend a lot on current setups, and they don't want to feel pressure to replace any equipment. I understand that. I bought a Sony XBR for the bedroom last summer that I would have waited for if I had known 3D was coming. However, I do need to replace a 10 year old 50" Fujitsu plasma and this year I will be able to do it with a 65" screen, 1080p, fast decaying phosphors, and 3D, all for less than half price of what I paid 10 years ago. I think that there are a lot of people like myself that are in the market for a new TV now, and a top of the line TV will include 3D.
post #288 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

However, the tech is easy for the manufacturers to implement, and it will work it's way down to the budget TVs soon. Vizio will have 3D TVs out later this year. Again, go into any Best Buy tomorrow, and I am sure that you will see people in there buying TVs, even with today's economy. Not everyone has bought an HDTV yet, and again, eventually any set sold will have the 3D tech. I still feel that the haters on this forum are people that did spend a lot on current setups, and they don't want to feel pressure to replace any equipment. I understand that. I bought a Sony XBR for the bedroom last summer that I would have waited for if I had known 3D was coming. However, I do need to replace a 10 year old 50" Fujitsu plasma and this year I will be able to do it with a 65" screen, 1080p, fast decaying phosphors, and 3D, all for less than half price of what I paid 10 years ago. I think that there are a lot of people like myself that are in the market for a new TV now, and a top of the line TV will include 3D.

How do you know your "3D capable" TV today will be compatible with the coming 3D standards of tomorrow? I just bought a new LCD last fall and am far from jealous or upset by the 3D push. It is a bit silly to think that millions of households that have not even adopted HDTV or BR yet will run out to buy a new 3D ready set, a 3D ready BR player and multiple pairs of glasses. This technology is not anywhere close to being prime time but it is being marketed as if it is. Cool effect? Yes. Something early adopters will be salivating over - not in my opinion.

I know many have large LCD's or plasma's as their primary HT viewing device. My 55" LCD that is not 3D capable is nice but when I want to watch movies it is always in the theater on a 120" screen. I am not about to give that up. So until 3D compatible front projection is selling for under $5K I just don't care.

Best Regards,

JD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #289 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDee View Post

The success of 3D in movie theaters already shows that 3D is here to stay and not a fad. Wait 'til Bubba sees his favorite team in 3D over at his buddy's house on ESPN 3D. He'll have to have it just like he did when he saw ESPN HD.

The only real "success" of a 3D movie was Avatar. This movie was hyped as being filmed in a "revolutionary new 3D" by an director who made one of the highest grossing movies ever. Just about everyone wanted to see it. My friend took me to it and I was very impressed by the 3D, but seeing Avatar was an event, like going to see a play or a concert, not just a movie. No way will home 3D give you that feeling. And it's already been stated here numerous times, that Clash of the Titans 3D was terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

They can't because they are generally stuffy audiophile, videophile types always have had a narrow view of the world, they have no kids and no reason to let their imagination run wild. Its the people that never go to disney or unverisal. I mean a guy voting on here hates comic book moves, This vote has zero to do with him since 3D is all about ACTION!! Its like asking a 2 channel guy what he thinks about 7.1

If the 3D shows at those places sell out constantly and are so much fun then this is a no brainer.

To think its a FAD just shows the stubborn (all about me) type of ignorance and not realizing Disney has been doing this for many, many years successfully.

See what I just wrote above as far as 3D selling out at the movies. As far as hating 3D, no way! I would love 3D at home, and think that in time it will have it's day, but not now, not with glasses, and not with only one 3D Blu-ray available for viewing (and that's not even Avatar!), except maybe in gaming.

Quote:

I agree that manufacturers will continue to add 3D capability to newer sets, but with the current state of 3D and having to wear glasses, I don't see it being "mainstream". A prime example is Blu-ray. I know a lot of people who are now replacing their old DVD players with Blu-Ray players because the price of the BR players have dropped so much, but very, very few are buying BR movies. They are still buying regular DVDs. Why? Two reasons. One, unless it's a movie that is really special to them they can't see the reason to spend the extra money on a BR disc. Two, even my friends that have they money to spend on BR movies have told me that they just don't see that much improvement in the BR format (audio wise there is, but not video wise...is what they tell me).

One other thing. When the digital conversion took place, and HD LCDs & Plasma started showing up at Walmart & Target, just seeing these new "types" of TV were impressive. Now I'm not talking about the viewing of the set. I'm talking about the actual, physical TV set...LCDs & Plasmas were the first really big changes in TV we had seen...No more 150lb box that needed 5 or more feet behind it. Now we had these slime, sleek, lightweight, rectangular screens that could be put almost everywhere. That's when the "mainstream" started to feel their old TV was obsolete. 3D technology is not something that will make most people feel their LCDs or Plasmas are obsolete.

Ghpr13

I see dead pixels!
post #290 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdskycaster View Post

This technology is not anywhere close to being prime time but it is being marketed as if it is.
JD

Again, the over exaggerations on this forum are astounding. The marketing has been minimal at best. There are ONLY a couple of manufacturers even advertising now, and you only see their commercials sporadically. You guys must really feel pressured with just the mention of 3D. Sony hasn't even released their sets yet, and there are no 3D channels available yet, and we all know that 3D Blu-ray content is all but nonexistent now, yet you guys keep saying that it's being marketed like crazy. Also, you have to hunt down the 3D displays when you walk into Best Buy. They do very little to steer you toward it, especially if you don't ask. So if you feel like it's being marketed now, just wait a couple of months. You guys will be screaming bloody murder then, because there will be 3D channels, and there will be more advertising, and contrary to what you guys want to see on this forum, there will be huge discussions among people that have 3D doing comparisons and saying positive things about it. We all know that all 3D won't be equal, and some 3D will suck, but some will look great and that's what the haters don't want to hear.
post #291 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
You can't have 3D without the glasses or contacts. You are trying to make a 2D image appear to be 3D by tricking the brain.

It gives me a splitting headache and I'm sure the same for others.

I believe it is a fad and should be kept as an event in theaters, not a common place home viewed trick.

Randy
post #292 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 08:36 PM

HD and 3D = apples and oranges. One offers an improved video experience the cost of which may be a dealbreaker, the other an experience that we can expect to not only include a cost impact but to require the application of an appliance to our faces.

As it is I wear glasses. I'll pay for an appliance that corrects my vision to the point that I can drive but I'm not disposed to pay a premium to wear glasses to do an activity that I don't otherwise need glasses to do.

As far as 3D's longer term viability... anything is possible. The tech may mature out of the need to wear glasses and the effect may become a common asset to filmmaking but then again holographic tech may free the viewer from watching a fixed point or offer true three dimensional viewing, advancements in home theater tuners may add feel or smell to the list of sensory tricks to improve the experience making the artificiality of 3D imagery a detriment to the experience. Flat screen tech may be replaced by "the next big thing".

Things unimaginable five years ago are for sale in big box stores today and things yet unimagined will be at CES next year. Ask Toshiba if big roll outs, significant market share and film industry partnering are guarantees of success. I would be interested to know how many peeps that see a rising tide for 3D have HD DVDs and players for doorstops.
post #293 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member

you know I don't need something in my house that's going to give my wife a headache...I need something that stops them!

I see dead pixels!
post #294 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Fad that is here to stay. Does that count?

Manufacturers are gonna push it to death, to where any new 'high-quality' HDTVs automatically will have 3D capability. They will cram it down our throats, even if we don't want it.

Remember looking into a Pioneer Plasma, or a 240hz LCD? 3D is the new 1080p. It will become a standard for higher end sets, but luckily the price WILL come down, and it will always be just an OPTION to use. You can have a 3D TV, and use it in 2D mode.

As much as I HATE 3D as it is now, it's here to stay.

If I upgrade, I'm getting a 3DTV because it will have the highest specs that aren't even 3D related.

Do you think I want the 72" Vizio because it's 3D? Hell no. I want it because it's 72"! I know they won't sell that size in a non-3D TV. See?

post #295 of 2615 Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 PM

So tempted to pull the trigger on a samsung C8000. Wish there was more content.
post #296 of 2615 Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin CZ View Post

Fad that is here to stay. Does that count?

Manufacturers are gonna push it to death, to where any new 'high-quality' HDTVs automatically will have 3D capability. They will cram it down our throats, even if we don't want it.

Remember looking into a Pioneer Plasma, or a 240hz LCD? 3D is the new 1080p. It will become a standard for higher end sets, but luckily the price WILL come down, and it will always be just an OPTION to use. You can have a 3D TV, and use it in 2D mode.

As much as I HATE 3D as it is now, it's here to stay.

If I upgrade, I'm getting a 3DTV because it will have the highest specs that aren't even 3D related.

Do you think I want the 72" Vizio because it's 3D? Hell no. I want it because it's 72"! I know they won't sell that size in a non-3D TV. See?

What I usually read in review and advice columns on HDTVs (as well postings in threads I follow for HD sets I own made by HD afficianados who are VERY well-versed in the technology and seem virtually obsessed about getting the "perfect" picture via calibration, etc.), is that the MORE extra processing going on with your signal, the more potential is added in for digital noise and other problems... The truth is sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. Sometimes using things like digital noise reduction or "fine motion enhanced" features will IMPROVE the quality of your picture, and sometimes they will solve some problems, while creating others, like maybe screen lag, or jaggies, or something.

I can imagine where 3D technology might have similar drawbacks in its implementation, so if it's enabled on a TV, it's possible it could denigrate the overall picture quality or performance -- maybe just during 3D mode, or possibly even during 2D mode. Much of that remains to be seen, I think, as enough models hit the streets to put them through their paces. I think the only way we'll ever get true "A/B" comparisons of something like that is if sets like that 73" Vizio you're talking about are offered in both 3D AND 2D-only models, so some reviewer can get a sample of each and compare their 2D performance on an otherwise "equal" playing field.

Even then, so long as they still require special glasses, given the fact that it's NO SECRET that glasses-free 3D is a technology that's not just being developed, but actually EXISTS in the laboratory, already -- I can't see anyone but those who have $$$ to burn and/or are real 3D fanatics buying these first-generation 3D sets. My guess is, assuming 3D IS here to stay (and I think it is), once the glasses-free technology gets fully ironed out, that's ALL anyone will be selling. Maybe all the sets that use glasses will still work, and those that don't will likely be top-tier prices at first, but give it 5-10 years, and those will be where 120P LCD sets are today, maybe less.
Jeff

Life is the only constant...

post #297 of 2615 Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

I've never seen a movie in 3-D in theatres. Is it the same blue and red colors that have always been 3-D? Or, do you see the real colors in 3-D? The last movie I watched in 3-D was Journey To The Center Of The Earth at home, with the ugly blue and reds. I borrowed it, and thought the effect was cool, but hate the distorted colors.

I'm still enjoying the heck out of my Samsung 5271, with Auto Motion Plus. Turning AMP on High while watching sports, and videogames, gives me a nice thrill. No motion blur at all, just a great soap opera effect that brings live sports and videogames to life. Don't use it for movies, though.

Not sure if I need 3-D yet. If it's the same blue and red colors, then no, I definitely don't need it. If the actual colors are there, then......if it makes gaming more fun....I'm all over it, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass View Post

I enjoyed avatar just as much watching it in 2D at home as I did in 3D at the theater. wouldn't pay added money for 3D. It's not like movies are missing the element of perspective and viewers have trouble telling background and foreground apart. 3D adds nothing, so I voted fad... sort of like those snappy wristbands during the 90's.

So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeper View Post

3D is a stupid fad. "Hey welcome to my amazing home theater, grab a beer and set of dorky glasses."

"Oh sorry Bill, we're out of dorky glasses. You'll be experiencing no third dimension."

STUPID FAD.

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon View Post

As soon as they figure out how to do this without glasses . . . . . .

until then 2D is king

Hmmmmm......probaly right.

Only with standards is my vote. Everything is about competition.

"Talk to me Goose."
post #298 of 2615 Old 05-18-2010, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Again, the over exaggerations on this forum are astounding. The marketing has been minimal at best. There are ONLY a couple of manufacturers even advertising now, and you only see their commercials sporadically. You guys must really feel pressured with just the mention of 3D. Sony hasn't even released their sets yet, and there are no 3D channels available yet, and we all know that 3D Blu-ray content is all but nonexistent now, yet you guys keep saying that it's being marketed like crazy. Also, you have to hunt down the 3D displays when you walk into Best Buy. They do very little to steer you toward it, especially if you don't ask. So if you feel like it's being marketed now, just wait a couple of months. You guys will be screaming bloody murder then, because there will be 3D channels, and there will be more advertising, and contrary to what you guys want to see on this forum, there will be huge discussions among people that have 3D doing comparisons and saying positive things about it. We all know that all 3D won't be equal, and some 3D will suck, but some will look great and that's what the haters don't want to hear.

fire407,

Instead of calling fellow forum members "haters" why can't we just agree to disagree? Do you expect to have that same theater immersion sitting 12 feet away from a 65" screen that you had in the theater. (lol) If so, you are in for a rude awakening. I have no interest in 3D, because it (Avatar) did nothing for me in I-max 3D. Why would I expect it to be a better experience at home on a 60" plasma. For the those who want the latest and greatest, then go at it. Also there have been postive things said about 3D on this forum, but the majority have not, which reflects the voting. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but we are not "haters". The postings on this thread have no influence on my opinion surrounding 3D.

Respectfully,
Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Sony BDP-S790

post #299 of 2615 Old 05-18-2010, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

This poll needed a 4th choice: ubiquitously useless.

AS Roger Ebert eloquently pointed out, 3D does nothing for a lot of movies and is a detraction for some.

But the technology is cheap to implement and there *will* be standards so it *is* here to stay. But much like SAP and DVD commentary tracks it will *not* be broadly used at the consumer level. It will simply be another checklist item when buying a TV (HDMI 1.7? Check! BD 2.9? Check! 3D-capable. Check! all 8 flavors!).

Worth remembering that 3D-capable TVs are also capable 2d sets and that the 3d can be switched off.

I expect 95% of their view time will be spent in 2D mode and actual 3D viewing will be limited, for now and indefinitely as glasses-free 3D has a very narrow viewing angle to it.

In other words, its here to stay but it is also a fad that will fade. It will be everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
post #300 of 2615 Old 05-18-2010, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post

In other words, its here to stay but it is also a fad that will fade. It will be everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

fjtorres,

+1. Well said!

Respectfully,
Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

REL R-505 Sub (2)