Amazon, Apple Rivalry Moves Beyond Music and E-Books Into TV Shows - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Amazon, Apple Rivalry Moves Beyond Music and E-Books Into TV Shows

TV shows are emerging as a new front in the war over digital media between Amazon.com Inc. and Apple Inc., amid their ongoing battles over electronic books and online music. Hours after Apple said Wednesday that it would begin renting some shows for 99 cents per episode, Amazon cut its price on a similar set of shows to 99 cents from $2.99. And unlike Apple, which rents the videos, Amazon lets its customers buy the shows. For the past several years, Amazon and Apple have both offered services that let consumers buy or rent films over the Internet on a one-by-one basis and watch them on TVs, game consoles or portable devices. It's part of a wider race among cable-TV and satellite-TV providers and tech companies, including Netflix Inc. and Google Inc., to dominate the digital delivery of TV and movies. That race heated up on Wednesday when Apple introduced an updated Apple TV set-top box for $99 and said it reached deals to offer rentals for a selection of TV shows from News Corp.'s Fox and Walt Disney Co.'s ABC, ABC Family and Disney Channel, as well as BBC America.

Source - Wall Street Journal

For links and more stories visit the new Streaming Media section at HomeToys.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-12-2010, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Panasonic VIERA with Amazon on Demand and couldn't be happier. I'm staying away from anything Apple because apparantly to them the minute a technology is irrelevant they try to wipe it off the face of the earth without considering how many people use it. To me that's just bad business...

Yeah, I hate everything Apple lol
Reply Community News & Polls

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page