Sony Google TV HDTVs And Blu-ray Player Details Revealed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sony Google TV HDTVs And Blu-ray Player Details Revealed

Sony on Tuesday officially launched four HDTV's loaded with the Google TV interface, as well as a Google TV Blu-ray player. The company's Google TV products will be called Sony Internet TV and will range in price from $399.99 for the Blu-ray player to $1,399.99 for the 46-inch HDTV. Sony first announced plans to produce a Google TV-branded set at the search engine giant's May I/O developer conference. Sony said it would bring to market HDTVs loaded with Google TV, Google's Android operating system customized for HDTV screens. Google TV aims to provide a clean and easy way to browse the Web, watch TV, and run applications all on your HDTV. The four HDTVs and Blu-ray player all include a remote control that features a thumb-sized QWERTY keyboard. Sony said the remote has design elements borrowed from a controller of a Sony PS3, like the trigger buttons on top and two directional pads on the front. It was very comfortable to use.

For links and more stories visit the Hot Stories section at HomeToys.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-21-2010, 07:24 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hetherington View Post

Sony Google TV HDTVs And Blu-ray Player Details Revealed

Sony on Tuesday officially launched four HDTV's loaded with the Google TV interface, as well as a Google TV Blu-ray player. The company's Google TV products will be called Sony Internet TV and will range in price from $399.99 for the Blu-ray player to $1,399.99 for the 46-inch HDTV. Sony first announced plans to produce a Google TV-branded set at the search engine giant's May I/O developer conference. Sony said it would bring to market HDTVs loaded with Google TV, Google's Android operating system customized for HDTV screens. Google TV aims to provide a clean and easy way to browse the Web, watch TV, and run applications all on your HDTV. The four HDTVs and Blu-ray player all include a remote control that features a thumb-sized QWERTY keyboard. Sony said the remote has design elements borrowed from a controller of a Sony PS3, like the trigger buttons on top and two directional pads on the front. It was very comfortable to use.

For links and more stories visit the Hot Stories section at HomeToys.com

Here are the specs

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...specifications

Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
Aldous Huxley
post #3 of 6 Old 10-24-2010, 09:59 PM

Liked: 10
Im really interested in buying this TV but I thought this TV doesn't support media contents stream from PC/HDD through LAN.
Does it support or not ?
Or maybe not right now but sometime soon media stream will be supported?

I cannot find any where about this.

Please some one tell me
post #4 of 6 Old 10-25-2010, 12:04 PM

It supports DLNA, which can be installed on pretty much anything these days. I use it to stream files from my NAS and Mac laptop to my Logitech Revue.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-25-2010, 04:24 PM

Played a bit with Sony at Best Buy. It didn't seem to play Flash on websites. Anyone know if it is supposed to play Flash?
post #6 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 07:08 AM

Is there a forum area to discuss Google TV yet?

I just bought the 46" Sony Google TV, and I wish I could discuss it's many shortcomings, in case others have found solutions!
Examples:
Sometimes when you call up the Google TV menus, the live TV image continues to play, with sound, in the background. Sometimes it doesn't happen. Can't find a way to choose if it happens, or to suppress it when I don't want it.

Can't figure how to get Amazon Video On Demand to play full screen. It's not an App, just the webpage - not great.

Worst of all; lags of up to 4 seconds or more sometimes, to adjust volume up/down - you'd think that they would prioritize volume control even while the box is "busy"!

Highlights ... it does work, mostly. I can view web pages clearly on the TV; I can search for programs, and it integrates quite well with my (new) Dish Network equipment.

Ian C.
Gloucester, MA
Reply Community News & Polls

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page