All this HTPC-internet streaming-DRM-Cable Card talk blows my mind (similar to uPnP, DLNA discussion). I guess this is where apple makes it's money, by simplyfying it (for the price of being forced to buy their content, or encode yours to their codecs).
At any rate, I'm not really concerned (at this point) about the place-shifting capabilities, and I have two Xbox 360's to stream NetFlix to my two TV's. I have two STB with DVR from Verizon FIOS, so DVR capabilities are not that important (yet), but I do like all the other options, and it's nice to have too much functionality, rather than too little.
This is what I'd like the Sage to do, please let me know if it will do these things:
1) Play a playlist of different codec music (FLAC, WMA-lossless, VBR MP3)
2) Play a folder that contains files from a cd rip as a cd (like in track order)
3) Stream WineLibraryTV, seen here: Wine Library TV
4) Play different types of downloaded videos (I think this is a given)
5) When playing audio, show a visualization on screen (to avoid burn in).
Does the Sage do these things? Is there something else that would do these things better/easier?