Originally Posted by eldithomaso
3D in its current format is fad:
2) replacement cost
4) lack of content
5) lack of quality of content
6) average consumer screen size makes it irrelevant
I dislike the way 3D is being presented too but your logic is a tad flawed. To reply to your bullet points:
1. this one I agree completely, expense will never come down other than the price of the camera.
2. one day the display/projector need to be replaced anyway, so it's it doesn't matter
3. glasses will eventually go away
4. lack of content will go away as time progresses
5. this one I agree. 60 years of 3D and the improvements are too little.
6. Just 8 years ago my 30" HDTV was $4,000; now a 32" HDTV is only $400. With that same $4,000 I bought my 9ft-screen and a front projector.
However, I somewhat agree with you. 3D will be a fad if point 5 is tackled NOW. Enough with throwing things to the audience. Even my daughter, who watches anything 3D, couldn't stand Tron Legacy with the Light Cycle flying towards the audience multiple times and she's only 12.