Calling All AVS Forum Meet-Up Planners - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 05-18-2013, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
When is the next DMV area meet-up? I'd gladly host when my room is done, 15 people would be tight though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 06-08-2013, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
If anyone has any interest in the NY/NJ area, my local a/v dealer is hosting a Beatles event which seems to be pretty big. Looks like it's happening on Saturday, June 22nd 3-5pm. Might be a good opportunity for a bunch of us in the NY/NJ area to meet. The dealer has some killer gear on demo and some gorgeous dedicated home theater rooms on display. I think it would be pretty fun to take advantage of the event for some of us to meet there.

Here's the info and link:

On June 22nd from 3-5pm , both Georgina Flood and BREAKFAST WITH THE BEATLES DJ Ken Dashow will be at TALK OF THE TOWN
319 Franklin Turnpike
Allendale, New Jersey 07401
201-236-1006
http://www.talkofthetownvideo.com/
Everyone is welcome please drop by and say hi if you are in the area !!!!

Talk of the Town is a premier provider in the New Jersey/New York metro region for A/V, automation and integration services. We provide a complete range of custom installation services including home theaters, media rooms, lifestyle rooms, distributed audio/video and media servers, automation and more. We even offer energy-efficient

http://www.georginaflooddesigns.com/georgina-flood-2013.html
post #33 of 41 Old 06-17-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Got some more info on this meet for next week. Hope some of you in the NY/NJ area can make it.

Saturday June 22nd (3pm – 5pm)
Talk of the Town
319 Franklin Turnpike
Allendale, NJ 07403
(201)236-1006

“Q104.3's Ken Dashow & Talk of the Town present an afternoon with the Beatles”
Come and visit internationally known Beatles artist Georgina Flood and Rock 'n' Rolls Billy J. Kramer (a British Invasion/Merseybeat singer).
Talk of the Town located in Allendale, NJ will be hosting this great event filled with Beatles music, movies, artwork, memorabilia and more. They have opened up their audio/video experience showroom to all and invite you to come out and enjoy the day.
“Breakfast with the Beatles” Ken Dashow, Georgina Flood, and Billy J. Kramer will be signing autographs on site. Enjoy refreshments, giveaways, entertainment and more. You can also purchase Georgina Flood's "Beatles" prints, iPhone covers, T-Shirts, iPad covers, coasters, and other Beatles inspired products.
Autographed Georgia Flood “Beatles/Q104.3” T-shirt giveaways every 15 minutes. Two grand prizes will also be raffled off during the event. The grand prize being a 60” Samsung HDTV and the second grand prize being a 16x20 framed “Breakfast with the Beatles” Giclee print by Georgina Flood.
No purchase necessary to win prizes! Winner must be present.
post #34 of 41 Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
My Subwoofer GTG will be held on Saturday August 24th and the thread is here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475190/upper-midwest-gtg-summer-2013/30#post_23449987

We will be featuring some of the biggest baddest subwoofer designs from Diy'ers and ID companies Seaton Sound and JTR Speakers.
post #35 of 41 Old 07-18-2013, 08:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardyc View Post

Dan W hosted a meet for folks in Western MA area back in March, sadly, there were only 5 of us, and some of them came from Albany, NY. So I guess home theater/stereo is not a popular hobby in Western MA. I really like a t-shirt, but I don't think we can get 15 people for a meet. I don't think my basement "home theater" is even big enough for 15 ppl.

Sorry I missed out. I am in Agawam, and starting a dedicated build later this year in a remodeling project.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #36 of 41 Old 07-24-2013, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Hey Everyone! I'm going to be hosting a get together on August 17th in Port Orchard WA, which is just across the sound from Seattle. There will be a few setups involved and lots of people to meet. See my post in the Area Home Theater meets section here:

Pacific Northwest Area Meet Up

Hope to see you there!!

Contributing Editor/Writer
Sound And Vision Magazine

Click Here To See My Current Setup
post #37 of 41 Old 07-28-2013, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Anyone doing and GTG in the Central Valley, CA (Fresno, Tulare, Kings Counties area)?biggrin.gif

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #38 of 41 Old 09-07-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Scott;
Make sure you connect with Nick, we are having a HEMI meet here in SE Michigan early Nov-2013.
So here is my chant: We need SWAG we need SWAG we need SWAG biggrin.gif
Here is that thread, http://www.avsforum.com/t/1488934/fall-2013-hemi-meet-south-east-michigan
post #39 of 41 Old 10-30-2013, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wilkinson View Post

If you're planning a meet-up, sometimes called a get-together or GTG, of AVS Forum members in your area, we want to consider supporting your event! It might be a product face-off like the speaker shootout recently held near Philadelphia, PA, or maybe just beer and chips as local AVS members gather to discuss our favorite subject.

If you plan to have 15 or more members in attendance, we might provide AVS logoware to hand out. And if we provide, say, AVS T-shirts, we encourage you to take a photo of everyone wearing them, which we would post on the home page along with coverage of the event.

Not only that, we would like staff members to attend the event if it's geographically feasible. Otherwise, AVS editor Scott Wilkinson and others might be able to "attend" remotely via Skype or Google Hangout.

When you post a thread about planning the event, please send a PM to Scott Wilkinson and/or David Bott with a link to the thread so we can watch the developments and work out the details if you have at least 15 attendees. We believe that getting together physically strengthens our virtual community by providing another forum for discussion and education, so let us help you put on a great event!

To see how Gorilla83, instigator and host of the recent Philadelphia-area speaker shootout, got the event started, click here. Next, he ran a poll with several possible dates and a discussion of what would happen at the event here. The results of the shoot-out can be found here, and AVS Newsbreaker Mark Henninger wrote a great summary of the event here.

Scott- what's up?

This is 2nd post - we are having very active HEMI meet of AVS members here in SE Michigan and feel neglected!!!!!!! eek.gif

Please help us 25-ish AVS members in Michigan feel wanted here on AVS......biggrin.gif
Link to Nick's thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1488934/fall-2013-hemi-meet-south-east-michigan
post #40 of 41 Old 10-30-2013, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

Scott- what's up?

This is 2nd post - we are having very active HEMI meet of AVS members here in SE Michigan and feel neglected!!!!!!! eek.gif

Please help us 25-ish AVS members in Michigan feel wanted here on AVS......biggrin.gif
Link to Nick's thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1488934/fall-2013-hemi-meet-south-east-michigan

I'm working on it...stay tuned!

Scott Wilkinson
AVS Editor
post #41 of 41 Old 12-03-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Hi Scott,

Just a heads up we'll be getting together (15 of us plus vendor support) for a 'HT Heavyweights' session at my place again in January:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1497847/northeast-loudspeaker-gtg-ht-heavyweights-january-18th
Reply Community News & Polls

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page