Do You Prefer Plasma or LED-LCD TVs? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Do You Prefer Plasma or LED-LCD TVs?
Plasma 570 81.55%
LED-LCD 129 18.45%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2013, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Prefer plasm. Just seems like a better picture per dollar ratio than LED LCD. A top of the line plasma like the panny vt series is worlds apart in price point to the sharp elite series. And if you're on a budget the 720p plasmas can give you a decent picture at quite a discount, my 50in LG plasma (720p) cost about 700 bucks with 2 pairs of 3D glasses.

I do have a htpc now and am considering LED LCD for a main screen.

My main gripe with manufacturers is that they do stupid things to sell things to people who don't know any better. Like putting glass on LCD screens...hmmmm it used to be non reflective and you just made it as reflective as any plasma on the market...way to go genius. Oh wait now they put motion interpolation in plasmas...when smooth motion wasn't much of an issue with plasmas to begin with yeah, I'll spend extra money for that.

All those crappy extras that drive the price up....I don't need my tv to have a camera (now I'm scared to watch adult movies cause my tv is taking pictures of me), I don't need my tv to have internet....I have a computer and if I didn't, I wouldn't buy a tv this expensive...I'd buy a computer. Why can't they just make a tv with a good picture, calibrated out of box to be close to decent, with isf calibration controls, and leave out all the BS. What a concept, a tv designed to watch tv on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

Well, I see what you mean. However, when I look at displays and I can detect the line structure of the pixels I always notice that I am seeing a plasma (1920X1080). I think LCDs have a smoother look and while this may not translate as sharper, I find it less distracting.
I will try and be more detective-like and be certain of this. It's just something I have noticed. I guess I would say that for a cinema experience I prefer a projector (DLP). For a TV that must be seen in a bright room I have so far opted for LCDs. But I will consider Plasmas when the day comes to get another TV. (A long time from now I think.)

Also, the lighter weight of the LCDs is a consideration for me. But PQ really is the best factor to consider. (And perhaps I am responding (in my preference) to the burn-in factor that some still refer to in Plasmas.)

I wrote my initial "pixel-structure" comment about Plasmas because whenever I see Pixel structure (from the same distant for all candidates) I find it is a Plasma.
I call your bluff and raise you all in. There is no way you can see the cell structure on a 1080p PDP unless you are inches away, in which case you would see it on LCD too.

THE ALL MIGHTY MACACASIAH HAS SPOKEN!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochollerin View Post

I love that everybody votes plasma yet plasma sales are in the trash. So what's the discrepancy?

Either you're all liars, which is fine.

Or you're all enthusiasts who know plasma is better. This is fine also, but I must ask, why didn't you advise your friends to buy plasma? If you're an enthusiast why didn't they take your advice?

I think everyone owns LCD and LED TVs and won't admit it.

I do own an LCD, it sits rarely used next to my Plasma for when my kids want to watch a cartoon while I am playing a video game... I also occasionally use it for old PC games...
I was originally sucked into all the hype around LCD displays, so much as I thought Plasma users were dolts. After I decided to upgrade I did my research and came to the conclusion that I was indeed the dolt. I am now a VERY happy owner of a Panasonic plasma and I would never consider another LCD/LED TV.

So yeah a lot of Plasma users likely have LCD or LED displays, but they are by no means our preferred sets and likely sit unused. As far as recommendations to friends, I always direct my friends to plasma, its a hard sell with the marketing for LED. I have convinced at least two of my friends and family to pursue Plasma sets simply by inviting them for a movie... That said I respect your decision to purchase what ever set makes you happy.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post

That makes zero sense. 1st of all any new Plasma or LED is going to make that DLP look like crap and its not even close. Your making your decision on size,not technology. I gave my 56" Samsung DLP to my parents. I threw a new bulb in it and it looks great.. Plasma great? Not even close! The picture quality of the plasma just spanks the DLP.. Obviously,your in the bigger is better category,so your argument has nothing to do with plasma vs LCD/LED. My friend has a $30,000 projector,I believe its SXRD. Is the picture big? Yes..Does it look better? Nope! Even he thought my 60ST60 spanked the projector in visuals, Plus the picture has no depth to it being projected on a flat screen.

This post is so full of IN YOU OPINION. You can't tell others what they see. ANother thing, your buddies supposed 30K projector isn't calibrated obviously. If it was it would spank anything out there in 2d and 3d. Why? Because I have actually seen a 30k projector on a 140inch Steward screen, properly calibrated. No plasma can touch that in my eyes. Plasma is nice, but the "Glass" ultra smooth look isn't for everyone. Fact is I had two 54vt25's returned because of black crush problems and finally settled on a 73" DLP. Once I had 100hrs on the bulb, I fully calibrated it for 2d and 3d. And once again this is my opinion of what I like--- The colors were more uniform and not oversaturated like Plasmas tend to do. 3d was also better for crosstalk, 73"s versus 54", and brightness. Not to mention people forget on Active 3D Glasses like the DLP and Plasma use, you are still viewing through LCD GLASSES! The final view is seen through LCD! So for someone who loves 3d like me, Bigger IS BETTER.

Also before you say anything about color being saturated on plasma, POST #30 proves this in the last 2 screen shots. No matter the calibration level, I in my opinion always see where plasma looks over exaggerated in certain colors. See how on the plasma it turns the aqua teal into blue on the plasma but on DLP it stays aqua teal and next to his face is actual blue. Look at the color of his face and lips against any Calibrated DLP.

I really hope you are not taking this too heart and relax. Like I said in MY opinion neither one of these hold a candle to DLP. Both have a too GLASSY or smooth/fake look to ME. The death of RPTV DLP is heart breaking to me and the 1000's of other DLP owners who were looking forward to 4K DLP on 82" and 92". The price would have been better too since DLP 4k has been out for years at the theater level. frown.gif

Cool Beans.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 108
For me it is simple - plasma.

Plasma for blu ray playback at 24 frames.
Plasma calibrated for preferred look (colour, contrast and shadow detail).
Plasma for any 1080p/i viewing.

What I fail to see is how anyone advocated LCD/LED as being superior on video. If one watches 1080p24, it has to use cheesy workarounds.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post

This post is so full of IN YOU OPINION. You can't tell others what they see. ANother thing, your buddies supposed 30K projector isn't calibrated obviously. If it was it would spank anything out there in 2d and 3d. Why? Because I have actually seen a 30k projector on a 140inch Steward screen, properly calibrated. No plasma can touch that in my eyes. Plasma is nice, but the "Glass" ultra smooth look isn't for everyone. Fact is I had two 54vt25's returned because of black crush problems and finally settled on a 73" DLP. Once I had 100hrs on the bulb, I fully calibrated it for 2d and 3d. And once again this is my opinion of what I like--- The colors were more uniform and not oversaturated like Plasmas tend to do. 3d was also better for crosstalk, 73"s versus 54", and brightness. Not to mention people forget on Active 3D Glasses like the DLP and Plasma use, you are still viewing through LCD GLASSES! The final view is seen through LCD! So for someone who loves 3d like me, Bigger IS BETTER.

Also before you say anything about color being saturated on plasma, POST #30 proves this in the last 2 screen shots. No matter the calibration level, I in my opinion always see where plasma looks over exaggerated in certain colors. See how on the plasma it turns the aqua teal into blue on the plasma but on DLP it stays aqua teal and next to his face is actual blue. Look at the color of his face and lips against any Calibrated DLP.

I really hope you are not taking this too heart and relax. Like I said in MY opinion neither one of these hold a candle to DLP. Both have a too GLASSY or smooth/fake look to ME. The death of RPTV DLP is heart breaking to me and the 1000's of other DLP owners who were looking forward to 4K DLP on 82" and 92". The price would have been better too since DLP 4k has been out for years at the theater level. frown.gif

Correction - None of the images in post 30 were from a plasma.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 204
From what I'm reading on all the Plasma Forums: Big Problems! ie:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463454/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/4650

Panasonics, Samsungs, Sharpes - my LED/LCD is working just fine, and even better after last night's tweaking. Will sit pat for now, because it sure sounds like there's a lot of ISSUES going on currently!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon13 View Post

I call your bluff and raise you all in. There is no way you can see the cell structure on a 1080p PDP unless you are inches away, in which case you would see it on LCD too.

Don't fret. I found the original post a bit amusing.

So what do we have - a person who sees "cell structure" on a plasma. Well what that person might think about is that a 1080p shown 1:1 mapped on a plasma is seeing pretty much an accurate representation of the pixels. This is not a bad thing. On the other hand, LCDs are full of all sorts of interpolations and smears that would render the image LESS than. Maybe that person should re-evaluate the statement and say - the plasma at 1:1 gives a more accurate representation of the material played.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon13 View Post

smile.gif I'm way too poor to gamble.

Well, I'm not bluffing. I just notice the pixel structure (Would saying the pixel structure's effect be better?) on Plamas more than LCDs. I am talking about the distance at Best Buy walking in front of the sets. When I am aware of the pixel structure (And I mean there is a "lineiness" to the picture; more electronic looking.) of a TV I look and see that it is a Plasma. This isn't scientific at all. I am sure I walk by several Plasmas and don't notice anything unusual at all. I hope no one thinks I judge them less in quality. Most people here think the opposite. This stuff reminds me of when I got my first projector (Infocus X1) and there was so much Rainbow DLP controversy. It's probably still that way. I always preferred DLP because I was so aware of the pixel structure of LCD PJs. And yet I could see the pixel structure (screendoor) of the DLP (upon close inspection, I sat beyond its noticeable range.) There was something about the smoothness of the DLP picture that didn't draw attention to itself, for me. But for those who suffered from RBE the DLP made itself painfully more apparent.

This subjective stuff is hard to quantify. We all just know what works best for us and doesn't come between us and the thing we're observing on the "tube".
Old 05-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Liked: 11
Plasma.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:03 PM

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrehdd View Post

Don't fret. I found the original post a bit amusing.

So what do we have - a person who sees "cell structure" on a plasma. Well what that person might think about is that a 1080p shown 1:1 mapped on a plasma is seeing pretty much an accurate representation of the pixels. This is not a bad thing. On the other hand, LCDs are full of all sorts of interpolations and smears that would render the image LESS than. Maybe that person should re-evaluate the statement and say - the plasma at 1:1 gives a more accurate representation of the material played.

I'm always glad to amuse. You're probably right. Possibly, except for the last sentence. Anything that deviates from the original is not more accurate. (pixel structure, screendoor, you know: whatever imperfection is inherent in the method being used to view with.) And if you are saying that the pixel structure I am seeing is a product of the original (blu-ray, HD transmission or whatever) then you are indeed right. And I am glad to be corrected. And I imagine you are right in that the smearing I see in LCDs is a reduction of accuracy, which my brain sees as less distracting.

Ya know if Plasmas weren't so much heavier and less bright I would be trying them.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:09 PM

Well I am one of those consumers that is ready to purchase a new main TV for the family room. In my case I have a front projector for movies so the TV is for regular broadcasts, news and maybe some sports here and there. I am looking at a 60" set and my indecision is running rampant.

My previous experience has been with LCD sets and CRTs prior to that. My room will most likely have moderate side lighting from a set of sliding doors and windows to the side of the set. The sun hits this wall directly up to mid-evening in the Summer so glare and side lighting are both concerns. Shades are planned for these windows but not black out ones so there will be some amount of light. Since we are building this home currently there is no way to know exactly how bad the lighting will be but my best guess is it will be significant.

I would prefer to go with plasma due to the PQ but the glare and lighting issue tells me a LED/LCD may be the best choice.

So, while I would prefer a plasma...I appear to be forced to go with a LED/LCD due to lighting issues. I am sure I am not alone so some part of the buying market must be like me...has to settle due to room issues.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:17 PM

Liked: 22
I'm sold on plasma video quality overall, but the level of trouble I've had with my ST50 has been more than enough to turn me off from the tech. The level of line bleed I've experienced is terrible, and working with Panasonic to the point of getting a new panel hasn't fixed it. I know this is a native problem to plasmas, but when there are dark lines fading through faces in a movie or ropes bleeding through wrestlers during wrestling, it's unacceptable.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR1952 View Post

Well I am one of those consumers that is ready to purchase a new main TV for the family room. In my case I have a front projector for movies so the TV is for regular broadcasts, news and maybe some sports here and there. I am looking at a 60" set and my indecision is running rampant.

My previous experience has been with LCD sets and CRTs prior to that. My room will most likely have moderate side lighting from a set of sliding doors and windows to the side of the set. The sun hits this wall directly up to mid-evening in the Summer so glare and side lighting are both concerns. Shades are planned for these windows but not black out ones so there will be some amount of light. Since we are building this home currently there is no way to know exactly how bad the lighting will be but my best guess is it will be significant.

I would prefer to go with plasma due to the PQ but the glare and lighting issue tells me a LED/LCD may be the best choice.

So, while I would prefer a plasma...I appear to be forced to go with a LED/LCD due to lighting issues. I am sure I am not alone so some part of the buying market must be like me...has to settle due to room issues.

I have a south facing 8 foot wide 4 foot tall window in my living room and with just the blinds closed my ST50 is more than bright enough for day time viewing. biggrin.gif

Old 05-05-2013, 05:29 PM
ADU
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

I'm always glad to amuse. You're probably right. Possibly, except for the last sentence. Anything that derivates from the original is not more accurate. (pixel structure, screendoor, you know: whatever imperfection is inherent in the method being used to view with.) And if you are saying that the pixel structure I am seeing is a product of the original (blu-ray, HD transmission or whatever) then you are indeed right. And I am glad to be corrected. And I imagine you are right in that the smearing I see in LCDs is a reduction of accuracy, which my brain sees as less distracting.

Ya know if Plasmas weren't so much heavier and less bright I would be trying them.

FWIW, I don't think the pixel structure thing is all in your head, Cyrano. My only suggestion is be sure you're comparing apples to apples, rather than oranges.

If you're comparing a 65" 2K (1080p) plasma to a 65" 4K LED, then yes, the plasma will probably have more noticeable pixels. The same logic applies if you're comparing a 42" 720p plasma to a 42" 1080p LED. Both the resolution and size of the display play a factor in how noticeable the pixels are.

I have definitely noticed nasty stair-stepping (ie aliasing) on some 720p plasmas though. So the way video source is scaled could also play a factor. The brightness of the displays could also be a factor. People generally perceive brighter displays (ie LEDs/LCDs) as being "sharper".

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "dirty whites" on plasma as a reason for preferring LEDs btw.

Edit: Just took a quick peek at a Sony 4K LED at Best Buy, and the resolution is pretty darn impressive on those displays.

ADU
Old 05-05-2013, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Wow! Plasma is the only way to go? Plasma of course? Unless of course you want something larger than 65". Which many of the folks that hang out and participate in forums are migrating to. I love the PQ of plasma and no doubt it's superior to most LED?LCD's, but Panasonic and Samsung have had years to get above the 64/65" bar. Folks here have been begging both companies for those same years to please please come out with a 70". If like me, you want to replace your current 60" or even 55" going up to a 65" just doesn't cut it. With 70" LED's now going for under $1600 and Sony's entry into the 70" field as well as Sharp and Vizio offering 70", 80" and 90" displays the choice between awesome PQ with a plasma or just very good PQ with a bigger LED tends to blur the end choice. Remember, we aren't the only people in the family that watch TV.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:38 PM

Liked: 10
And I would love to see LCD tech die off for good.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

Wow! Plasma is the only way to go? Plasma of course? Unless of course you want something larger than 65". Which many of the folks that hang out and participate in forums are migrating to. I love the PQ of plasma and no doubt it's superior to most LED?LCD's, but Panasonic and Samsung have had years to get above the 64/65" bar. Folks here have been begging both companies for those same years to please please come out with a 70". If like me, you want to replace your current 60" or even 55" going up to a 65" just doesn't cut it. With 70" LED's now going for under $1600 and Sony's entry into the 70" field as well as Sharp and Vizio offering 70", 80" and 90" displays the choice between awesome PQ with a plasma or just very good PQ with a bigger LED tends to blur the end choice. Remember, we aren't the only people in the family that watch TV.

Panasonic have had 103" plasma since 2005. I have calibrated a handful of them in Toronto area alone.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

Old 05-05-2013, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
LCD! My es8000 displays the cleanest, clearest, sharpest, most detailed "looking out the window" realistic picture i have seen and superior to the plasmas i compared it to when i was shopping. It's colors are almost if not as accurate as any plasma i've seen, it's depth is equal to any plasma i've seen, it's 3d is superior to any plasma i've seen.

Yes, its blacks are inferior only to the best plasmas. Yes, it has its faults....but...my es8000 is the most engaging viewing experience overall that i have seen. My neighbor with his vt50 agrees as well as my brother inlaw with his 3yr old panny plasma.

IMHO when watching the best plasma you know you are watching a great tv...when watching a great led/lcd you get sucked in and can forget your watching just a great tv.

I will take clean, clear, ultrasharp, hyper detailed on a brighter screen over that extra touch of black here and there.

Just happy to have a bunch of great choices until the next go-to technology.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Liked: 13
DLP the best bang for the buck and a much more natural film look if you like movies

Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 17
IMHO, plasma at its best, is better than LCD at its best......

However, that being said,

I have 5 TVs.... and all of them are LCD.......

Plasmas just wouldn't work for my current situation...

Shelly
Old 05-05-2013, 10:16 PM

Liked: 21
Plasma! Ive had two Samsung lcd/led tvs and I sold both after seeing both my buddies plasmas. I have a Panasonic vt50 and it kills every led I have seen with the exception of the Sharp Elite. I have seen multiple dlps and their pictures were horrible. I think most people buy the Mitsu's cause they are big and cheap.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by llang269 View Post

Plasma! Ive had two Samsung lcd/led tvs and I sold both after seeing both my buddies plasmas. I have a Panasonic vt50 and it kills every led I have seen with the exception of the Sharp Elite. I have seen multiple dlps and their pictures were horrible. I think most people buy the Mitsu's cause they are big and cheap.

Who buys a "Mitsu".. and what exactly is a "Mitsu" ?? sorry confused.gif

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
Old 05-05-2013, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I went with a Panasonic plasma (G10) back in 2009 over some cheaper LCD's. Everybody comments on how great the picture looks compared to their LCD TV's at home. It's energy star rated, so I did not see enough of an energy savings with the LCD's to make a difference.

Does anyone know what a plasma TV costs to manufacture compared to the different panel LCD's? Personally, I speculate the profit margins are slim compared to the different LCD's, and the technology of plasma may be mature enough to the point where we won't see any significant advancements.

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."Robert Green Ingersoll

Noman74656's Martycube Builds
My Theater
Old 05-05-2013, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Since we started with HDTV our main viewing TV has been

Samsung 720P 50" DLP (~2004)
LG 55" LED/LCD local dimming 55LE8500 (2010)
Panasonic Plasma 55VT30 (2011)

The DLP was great when we got it. The LG 55" 55LE8500 initially seemed like a great improvement but eventually the banding on panning / scrolling scenes became distracting. We returned the 55LE8500 for a Plasma 55VT30 at the end of 2011. Couldn't be happier - great blacks, accurate colors and now we just watch the content and not even think about the display.

In a light controlled room Plasma is clearly superior.

We have some LCDs in other rooms and they are OK but nothing close to the plasma.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:21 AM

Liked: 14
After buying a plasma TV for the first time a couple of years ago (ST30), I now can't stand LCD's. My parents have a UN46C6500, and watching Dark Knight Rises with the lights off at their house was almost painful. It also made me loath my 800 dollar IPS monitor.

HTPC: I3 2100, Radeon 6950.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by llang269 View Post

Most of the people I know who buy DLP's especially the current Mitsubishi's are the one's who did there homework and brought the best display for there sheer love for movies! and mostly likely have led and plasma displays as secondary sets regardless of price, its just the superior picture for film period! tongue.gif
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 AM

Just to add to the collection of info guys there seems to be a small contingent of complaints coming in from the VT60 owner's forum that hare having issues with buzzing and humming (myself included).

Not everyone but some have chimed in and all the issues sound pretty similar.
I had an installer at Best Buy tell me today that he thought the new VT's were louder than he GT50. Probably makes sense since the VT60 has more going on and needs more cooling (I could have made this up..lol.)?

Just my addition for the night.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 AM

Just to add to the collection of info guys there seems to be a small contingent of complaints coming in from the VT60 owner's forum that hare having issues with buzzing and humming (myself included).

Not everyone but some have chimed in and all the issues sound pretty similar.
I had an installer at Best Buy tell me today that he thought the new VT's were louder than he GT50. Probably makes sense since the VT60 has more going on and needs more cooling (I could have made this up..lol.)?

Just my addition for the night.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

From what I'm reading on all the Plasma Forums: Big Problems! ie:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463454/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/4650

Panasonics, Samsungs, Sharpes - my LED/LCD is working just fine, and even better after last night's tweaking. Will sit pat for now, because it sure sounds like there's a lot of ISSUES going on currently!

That looks more like a minor problem with a single model to me, that will probably be fixed quickly with a firmware update.

Your LCD's all have brightness pops too, but they just call it dynamic contrast, and have you convinced that it's a feature.

HTPC: I3 2100, Radeon 6950.

Tags
Plasma Vs Led , Plasma Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Polls