If you own a plasma flat panel, here's your chance to tell the world how much you enjoy it—or not—and possibly win one of three Amazon gift cards.First prize is $300
Second and third prizes are $100 each
To enter, all you have to do is post a review of your plasma flat panel, regardless of its price, and post a link to your review in this thread. Three of the reviews will be selected at random as the winners after verifying their eligibility.
What makes a review eligible?
1) The review must be submitted between August 20 and September 3, 2013, on a product within the AVS Plasma HDTV category;
2) The review must contain a title, overall rating stars, review-detail ratings, pros, cons, and a minimum 100-word body;
3) The review must be new, original work and not republished, in whole or in part, from another location on AVS Forum or elsewhere on the Internet;
4) AVS Forum reserves the right to disqualify reviews of very low quality at our discretion. Be thorough and helpful to your readers, and use good punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Also, divide your comments into several paragraphs; it's very tiresome to read one long paragraph.
Never written a review on AVS Forum before? It's easy! Click here for a tutorial
. To summarize, first go to the Plasma HDTV product page
and click on "Add Item" in the upper right. Next, enter the make and model number of your TV into the search box, then click on the product in the resulting list. Finally, click on "Write a Review" in the upper right of that product's page, and input your review. It doesn't matter if someone else has already reviewed the same TV; we love multiple perspectives!
The most important things to cover in the main body are:
1) Features—Does the TV have online-streaming capabilities? 3D? Which features are useful and which are not?
2) Setup—How easy was the setup process? Does the TV provide a setup wizard? How did you set the user controls (picture mode, contrast, brightness, color, tint, sharpness)?
3) User Interface—Are the remote and menu system well designed? Are they easy or difficult to use?
4) Performance—How sharp is the picture? How natural are the colors? How deep are the blacks? How much shadow detail can you see? Cite examples from content you've watched.
Even if you don't win in the random drawing, exceptional reviews will be featured on the home page of AVS Forum.So fire up your plasma TV and take a critical look, then submit your review and post a link to it in this thread for a chance to win a shopping spree on Amazon!
For complete contest terms and conditions, click here