New Member Introductions - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1413 Old 11-17-2013, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Greetings:

Just a Hollywood boom man (28 years) who thought he'd try to learn a little something about calibrating his Bravia KDL-55W900A from the nice folks populating this forum. Who knows, maybe someone will want to know how we got around the noise of the IMAX cameras on Star Trek Into Darkness enough to get decent sound! (Well, sometimes, anyway.)

Thanks for letting me join in the fun.

~Huck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1413 Old 11-17-2013, 07:35 PM

Hi to every member, I am Mac19pm and I am to share my own thought as well as getting to know you all more.

Self Intro:

I'm 22 years old, a new college grad student that studied information technology / Computer Science. I started playing some computer games when I was in vary young (i would say about 6) and since then I got pretty hooked. The original NES and Sega were my first systems along with my PC. Playing games was my favorite thing to do, even though I was absolutely terrible at most games. I would spend hours and hours playing games like Quake to Mario. I got into Pokemon later in my life along with golden eye and soon mostly every Sony PlayStation titles. But like all of us i played card games as well magic and yu-gi-oh were my fist card games, i have played yu-gi-oh for over 10 years now and magic has always been on and off for me. Now i play yu-gi-oh, magic and Naruto CCG and I am pretty competitive now. Broad games were also in my life heavily as well. I played on my schools chess team, and you can never go wrong with some monopoly or Settlers of Catan. Overall i am a gamer at my core and love gaming along with the culture as a whole, and especially competitive gaming.

-Mac19pm

post #363 of 1413 Old 11-18-2013, 02:54 AM

Hello All,

I'm Srinath from Bangalore (India).

Found this forum via search and would like your inputs on my new entertainment Setup.

Regards,

Srinath.

post #364 of 1413 Old 11-18-2013, 09:33 AM

Hey, thanks for the welcome! Im from south east uk, im interested in finding out what systems etc are most popular/ highly rated.

post #365 of 1413 Old 11-18-2013, 05:56 PM

Hello,

Just came across AVS. Seems interesting.

post #366 of 1413 Old 11-18-2013, 06:29 PM

Liked: 11

Hi.  Found you several weeks ago when I was trying to find out what happened to Trinity Broadcasting (channel 25) in the Twin Cities, MN.  Found the answer yesterday and posted it for all.

Former TV broadcast engineer; I'm into sound systems and just bought my first HD TV (an LG).

Favorite movies are noir from the 50's.

post #367 of 1413 Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 PM

My user name says it all. My goal was to be able to make my living room sound like a nightclub and also to enjoy good sounding quieter music and all kinds of music in surround sound. I accomplished that goal by using PA speakers tweaked with two 1" dome tweeters each and a pair of 15" subs. And Clark transducers in the seats.

<br />

post #368 of 1413 Old 11-18-2013, 07:36 PM

Hey there!! just signed up, been reading here for awhile. here my post :) 

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1500404/samsung-hlp6163w-throwing-me-for-a-spin

post #369 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 06:47 AM

Thanks for the invite.

I make innovative video products for the Air Traffic Control Market but love sharing them with the greater community.

best regards

post #370 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 09:09 AM

Old, cranky, former L.D. for stage production, music. Currently 100 or so nautical miles off of Point Arena, Ca..  Just sticking my big toe in the water and yacking about a thread on Kirksaeter 130 Studio Monitors. I have a pair of them and they're great! 

post #371 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 09:36 AM

Hello all, I have been trolling this site for years getting advice and such on my small A/V system.  I am now building a new house and I am looking into getting more advanced info and design ideas for whole house automation. 

post #372 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 10:32 AM

Hi everybody.

Hope to find a pleasant place to exchange ideas, opinions and information about a/v tech.

Regards from Rome, Italy.

Mario. ;-)

post #373 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 11:02 AM

Hello, I'm joining AVS in hopes of finding a solution and to just see what other people are saying about consumer electronics and specifically Onkyo and Polk.  I look forward to talking with you all now and in the future!

post #374 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 PM

Hello AVS! I am new to forum.. I currently reside in Atlanta GA and I am in the process of buying a home that is currently under construction. I am here to get some pre wire tips that can make my life much easier when we finally move in. Im open to any good advice!

post #375 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 02:09 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Up here on Drummond Island (Michigan's eastern U.P.) things are getting

pretty cold already. I've looked at this forum before and found the posts to

be very helpful. I got here today by searching for the best factory warranty

service relating to my current experience with Samsung. Anyway, I'll approach

that subject in a future post.

Thanks again.

putzart

post #376 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 03:24 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking to start a 7.1 home theater system so just doing some research on here. My room is 23x12x8 with tile floors and is attached to the kitchen. Looking to complete this with a Onkyo receiver, Def Tech Pro Cinema speakers and not sure about the sub yet. Will be used mostly for movies and occasional games.

post #377 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 06:18 PM

Hello all. I stumbled into this great resource & am glad to have done so. Looking forward to learning/sharing info on everything AV. -mike

post #378 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 08:47 PM

Hello to all members,

thanks for the welcome. I am just average "Joe Public" who discovered the AVS Forum through serendipity.I have had no previous history with such websites as AVS but have been very impressed by the number of members who are prepared to spend their time sharing  their expertise to help others out and providing information on relevant topics. On a personal note, I am not tech oriented. My skills lie in other areas which require me to protect my anonymity and use Zerabinky as my online name. In an attempt to make the name more personal, I can say it was borne out of frustration trying to agree a name for our first child while traveling across Botswana in Africa with my wife . We had just traveled through Zimbabwe and I was at the time struck (my wife would say infatuated) with the nickname "Binks".  At the pinnacle of my tolerance level, I blurted out "Zerabinky - that's what I'm going to call it" . All the married men with children who are reading this introduction will nod knowingly when I confess that this wasn't the name on our daughters birth certificate or a nickname I currently use when referring to her ;) but it does evoke nostalgic memories.

It was a pleasant surprise not to be responded to by an automated robot when I subscribed to the site. I am so glad that I discovered the AVS website which relieved my anguish about the fault I encountered with my Samsung E5530 home theatre system and immediately removed that feeling of "here we go again , on my own" . While not providing a solution to UK Samsung's apparently intractable  view of their warranties and faults in their products, there were a number of suggestions as to a practical remedy. It also prompted me to think that is it fair that large multinational companies such as Samsung can sell expensive goods under the pretext of "Quality and Reliability" but the reality is that the consumer gambles on the product  lasting more than a year ?  Although feeling comforted by the thought that I'm not alone, I am also experiencing a definite resistance against the herding instinct and accepting the status quo.  

Best regards  from good old England.

post #379 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 PM

I love good home audio..   here to share and learn.. seems like a great site..

room acoustics

speakers

power

pre amps

many things to study in the world of good audio

cheers

post #380 of 1413 Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 PM

Hi all:

I've poked around off and on over the years, and figured I'd join up.

Regards,

-t

post #381 of 1413 Old 11-20-2013, 01:43 AM

Hi everyone I came across this forum while looking for a way to take a hdmi cable and splice it with avi cable. I need to know what wires in the hdmi cable are for sound and which ones are for video. If anyone could tell me the colors for each video and audio please let me know.
post #382 of 1413 Old 11-20-2013, 05:35 AM

Hello,

I've been lurking AVS forums since I found your "LCD owner's" threads back when I purchased my 42" Vizio in 2010.  I had no intention of joining, but I found an article I couldn't ignore and didn't see mention of it already in the LG smart TV owner's threads.  The owner's threads are great resources for those looking to purchase TVs and how to best calibrate the TVs they have purchased.

post #383 of 1413 Old 11-20-2013, 07:58 AM

Greetings,

I have been looking for a Jamo D8 Cen - Centre Speaker (discontinued range) for more than three years now, all my internet searches has come to naught, can you, my fellow audiophiles assist me in my search for a good condition Jamo D8 Cen I am willing to pay top $ and all airfreight cost.

I currently have a Jamo D8 Cen- Centre speaker but would like to add a second center speaker to my set up.

CURRENT SYSTEM

Yamaha RX A2010 – Jamo D8 Cen Centre speaker connected to it (only speaker connected to the RX -A2010)

Yamaha P5000S – Jamo C809 -- Mains

Yamaha P5000S – Acoustic Energy AE 520 – Rear

Yamaha Blu Ray BD –A1020

I will appreciate any assistance in tracking down a good condition D8 Cen 

Cheers

Dan

post #384 of 1413 Old 11-20-2013, 08:09 AM

Hi I am Scott, 

I found this forum through google. I am interested in learning about cameras, camcorders mainly, but open to learning in general. 

I am currently looking for a camera to buy and was trying to find suggestions. I am a Cannon fan and have a T3i but I am looking more into video! 

post #385 of 1413 Old 11-20-2013, 08:09 AM

Hi all,

Been messing with surround sound and small HT systems since the days of Dolby Pro Logic 5.1.   My current job is as a software developer for a small startup, but I also have extensive experience in both wired and wireless networks.   I have found answers to questions on these forums in the past thanks to Google, and figured it was time to sign up and ask a few more detailed questions.

I am currently in the process of changing my system from each TV being its own island to all of the gear for the house in an AV closet that is distributed from there.

My interests, as they relate to this forum, are consumer grade home theater gear, streaming media (I have two Popcorn Hours), and video games.   Though now that I have kids, the video games aspect has been shrinking.

My interests that don't directly relate to this forum include pretty much anything that uses electricity, travelling, and spending time with my family.  (Ideally while travelling.)

When I had my house built, the contractors all thought I was crazy because I put "smurf tube" in to each room of the house, and even in to locations that seem a little crazy.  (Behind the fridge for one.)   I'm guessing some people would be interested in the "smurf tube", so feel free to PM me if you have any questions about how I did it.

post #386 of 1413 Old 11-20-2013, 10:26 AM

Hi just joined,looking forward for lots of good info.

Dave

post #387 of 1413 Old 11-20-2013, 05:41 PM

Liked: 22

Hi.. newbie audiophile here. Looking to set up a 2 channel stereo rig to listen to classical music. 

Living room: EMP Tek E55Ti (pair) / Yamaha RX-V475 / Sony BDP-S3100

Bedroom: EMP Tek E5Bi (pair) / Yamaha RX-V375 / JVC DVD player

Headphone equipment: Sennheiser HD 598 / PA2V2 headphone amp

post #388 of 1413 Old 11-21-2013, 08:12 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.  My name is Errol from Jersey City, NJ.

I'm a wannabe audiophile who have had McIntosh equipment with various loudspeakers, transports, et al.  However, I'm now the father of 2 young kids and I had to choose between them and the equipment - as per my wife.  So, I sold almost everything except my modest home theater system (Pioneer Elite with a set of Athena Speakers) and my Bryston 4B and Linn speakers.

My Pioneer Elite just blew out and I'm hoping to replace it with something even more modest but with decent-to-good sound - I'm not looking McIntosh, Cary, or Krell sound just now.

Hopefully, I'll be able to rebuild a system whenever my kids get older since I still have the Bryston 4B and some other pro power amplifiers around ;)

Best,

Errol

post #389 of 1413 Old 11-21-2013, 11:41 AM

jatrekker --- interesting name you have Errol.. in Dutch / Afrikaans ..Ja means Yes and Trekker means Mover / Puller or Tractor.and here is my best shot....yestractor.....

have you had a look at Emovita Audio products... hi quality at low prices..........  Hope this will help you

http://shop.emotiva.com/

All the best with the wify and kids.

Ciao Ciao 

Dan

post #390 of 1413 Old 11-21-2013, 03:42 PM

Thanks, and glad to be here. Retired, living in Oregon and Texas (in the appropriate season).

Setting up a system in my new house, and having problems. 

Reply Community News & Polls

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60s30 60 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60s30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page