New Member Introductions - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 1371 Old 09-21-2013, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the welcome! I've lurked and mined the site for info for a while, and finally up and registered.

Currently sparring with an old Sony RVP-6000Q for our church/youth group and trying to get it to display something other than B&W or green via an IFB-12A card inserted directly into the projector (no switcher). S-video works fine through the "stock input, 5-wire BNC RGBHV works fine directly from a lappy using the "stock" IFB-11 and the add-on IFB-12A, but getting from a 3-wire RGB/Y,Pb,Pr DVD player's output and into the IFB-12A for a full color display has defeated me so far...but I'm not giving up.

Most documentation and posts I've been able to find deal with the 1251, 127x, and 129x projectors using the 1271 switcher, while the RVP's guts appear to be 125x-series, but I'm not savvy enough about the flavors to be sure exactly which. The postings with the "DIP-switches 2 &3 ON, all others off, etc." instructions only get me to a place where either B&W or green-only are displayed, and at that point, the dip-switch settings don't seem to matter.

Anyways, I'll be digging deeper into the forum postings to see if I've missed something, and hopefully be able to find a way to contribute some discoveries of my own along the way!

Our home setup began with an ECP-3000 and has evolved to a Marquee 8100 throwing a 10-foot diagonal image onto a modified/mounted Dalite screen in our family room - definitely ghetto home theater, but hey, it works for movie night and gaming! You haven't lived until you've seen 16-inch tall bananas on the road in Mario Kart!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1371 Old 09-21-2013, 07:03 PM

thanks Scott for the warm welcome. I was always aware of the avsforums but never really had a chancel to register until today. I am running into a problem with installing my OTA HD antenna using the pre-existing Dish network wiring. I have posted my question on another thread and hopefully the veterans here would help me out.
post #93 of 1371 Old 09-21-2013, 07:44 PM

I would like to take some time to Thank Scott and the whole community for this warm welcome on AVS forums. I am glad to join and share my common interest with everyone here, I am sure it will be nice experience.

Cheers! smile.gif
post #94 of 1371 Old 09-22-2013, 07:53 AM

Hi everyone
I am new to this forum and I will be taking on my first home theater build this winter. Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks
post #95 of 1371 Old 09-22-2013, 10:43 AM

Hello there! I am Maarten Hulsman and I live in the Netherlands. I am a big fan of watching and analyzing movies and I am saving money to buy me a Panasonic Plasma ST60, 42 inch. I am a student so it will cost some time to get it :-) But I am looking forward to enjoy movies in such quality! I like to read the Blu-ray reviews which I discovered today. I am glad I joined this forum!
post #96 of 1371 Old 09-22-2013, 10:56 AM

love all the people and info here. Can't wait to progress with some help for once.
post #97 of 1371 Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 PM

Hi, just joined. Currently looking for a large-ish TV that will also perform well as a computer monitor. Plan on doing a lot of lurking, so don't mind me.

Thanks to Scott for the introductory email. This is a large site and a little help in navigating is very nice.

-J
post #98 of 1371 Old 09-23-2013, 04:28 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69turbostang View Post

Hi everyone
I am new to this forum and I will be taking on my first home theater build this winter. Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Best place to start is "what I'd do differently thread"

http://www.avsforum.com/t/855958/what-id-do-differently-next-time/0_40
post #99 of 1371 Old 09-23-2013, 06:02 PM

hey all.

I'm a fan of audio and video tech and joined the forum to learn new stuff. I live in CONUS and work in the Tech Industry.
post #100 of 1371 Old 09-24-2013, 02:14 AM

Thanks for the worm welcome!
I am adamsung from Italy,I am looking for some entertainment system for my car,and very glad to share you with some information about this,thx.
post #101 of 1371 Old 09-24-2013, 04:48 AM

Hi folks :-)
I'm Jens, a carpenter from Norway.
My interest are in home theatrical entertainment.
post #102 of 1371 Old 09-24-2013, 05:48 AM

Dear Forum people,
Big regards and thanks for all the posts, I just join in as I made a mistake adding a firmware on my HomeWorX HW-150PVR ATSC , Hope I can find some help/answers here
Regards
Betoc2
post #103 of 1371 Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 AM

Hi All, new member as of today! Tons of great advice out there!
post #104 of 1371 Old 09-24-2013, 01:12 PM

It's my first post, and I must ask, is it possible to delete my account?

I just created this account because I did not like how my previously-existing username (that I never posted with) had its 16th character on a second next line.  However, now that I realize that all new accounts max out at 15 characters, I'm having second thoughts and would rather "nuke" this account and use my original account since you cannot even get 16-character usernames anymore.

post #105 of 1371 Old 09-24-2013, 06:02 PM

Hi all,
Was searching for info about a Panasonic DMR-ES35V dual player/recorder when this site came up. I noticed on some of the threads that the repair centre was in Elgin, ILL. Here I sit at the local coffee shop in Perth, Australia, with many memories of there. My sister and I came through the Lutheran Child centre in Addison some 65 years ago. I worked at the Simpson plant in Elgin as an adult.

This unit was a found object a few days ago on our local 'junk collection week'. No remote. Thought it was no good but upon checking all that I could, including burning a tape to disk, everything worked. Just purchased a remote, hope it works.

George
post #106 of 1371 Old 09-25-2013, 03:06 AM

Greetings all!

Just a quickie to say hello.  I'm currently living in South Korea and bought a used 3D monitor...want to see if I can get it to work :)

DragonDon

post #107 of 1371 Old 09-25-2013, 01:07 PM

Hello all - I've been using this site for a couple of years and finally joined. I'm getting into HTPCs now and figured this is going to be a good community to be in.
post #108 of 1371 Old 09-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Hi everybody my names is Luis Guerra from Caracas Venezuela.

57 years old man working on aviation industry since I remember.

Not a native english speaker so please forgive me if my laptop doesn't correct my words as I want to.

Joint the forum to learn about some issues with my new Pioneer VSX-1122 that is giving me a very hard time after I did a reset.

Have a nice day everybody and looking forward to learn from the experts.

Tks.

Luis Guerra

post #109 of 1371 Old 09-25-2013, 02:51 PM

I've been a long time lurker and recently began building my 2nd HTPC (mini-ITX M350, Intel Dual Core, OpenELEC/XBMC).

I thought it was a great opportunity to post my experience and contribute to the online community that has helped me out just by reading the forums.

Also been a long term fan of Twit.tv and Scott's Home Theater Geeks show

-DylanFromCanada

hometechprojects.com

My HTPC: Mini-Box M350 w/ 150W PICOPSU • ASUS P8H77-I mITX • Intel G2120 Dual Core 3.1GHz Ivy Bridge • Corsair DDR3 1333 Value 2x4GB • OCZ Vertex II 60GB SSD • Logitech Wireless K400 Keyboard • Logitech Harmony One • OpenELEC/XBMC

post #110 of 1371 Old 09-25-2013, 04:45 PM

My dad has taught me almost everything I know about building cars & designing parts. Looking forward to learning as much as i can from other members!

post #111 of 1371 Old 09-26-2013, 01:39 AM

Greetings to all! I am very happy that I found you! :)

post #112 of 1371 Old 09-26-2013, 08:03 AM

Hello So Glad I came across this forum Just purchased a Vizio E601i-A3 and a Samsung Blu Ray BD-FM59.  Made some adjustments on the tv already which made a big difference in picture and am hoping to find a way to disable the smart feature on the blu ray player.  Thanks everyone!

post #113 of 1371 Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 PM

Hi All,
My name is Alex, and I was just recently (fortunately or unfortunately depending), pulled in to the world of Television Broadcast Engineering after 15 years experiece as a helluva IT Admin/Engineer. The place I am working as of right now anyway, is getting slaughtered by the whole digital transition and closed captioning conundrum. I've joined the forum to try and save my job as well as take care of this issue that has been the scourge of the station for at least a year??

Anyone knowing anything about HD/Digital CC with Evertz equipment please, for the love of God email/PM/telepathically raise me and give me a hand.

Great forum!
post #114 of 1371 Old 09-27-2013, 09:19 AM

Hello everyone – Just found this site, and probably should have before I bought my new receiver. I just posted this – not sure if it’s on the right forum, and it may not be up yet – if you’ve suggestions on which forum, they’re welcome.

About a zillion years ago, after a year of saving my pennies and of blind listening in sound store demo rooms, I bought JBL Lancer C56 Dorian speakers for my (then) hi-if, because they had the most pleasing sound for me. A few years ago, I bought the 'discontinued' Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR8 (yes, with HDMI connector capabilities) when there was equipment a year newer, because, at the time, it reproduced the best blacks in an LCD TV and as a semi retired filmmaker, that was/is important to me. NOW I just bought a Sony STR-DN1040 receiver seeking to (finally!) get around to hooking my speakers and adding decent sound to my TV, and for other listening pleasures (my 2 channel mostly flac recordings)… Alas, I seem to be decades behind. I recently had a film mixed in 5.1 (and stereo) to be ‘appropriate for the market’ at home, my main film watching has no SFX surround / behind, and I simply wanted “good sound”.  I was going to just open the box on my new receiver hook up my TV and 2 JBLs and then receiver manual with it’s multitude of connector options was a bit ‘space age’ for me. Will someone kindly save me one or two days of manual reading and tell me if there’s a simple way I can just hook up my TV, speakers and amp – or are they all totally incompatible? Thank you very kindly. H

PS just remembered, I have a Panasonic BMP-BD60 Blue Ray – everything has HDMI except… of course – my JBL speakers - which is my big issue.

post #115 of 1371 Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 PM

Liked: 15

Hey all! I am Robbie.Thanks for all the great info! Looking forward to researching for a new tv!

post #116 of 1371 Old 09-27-2013, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Just got my 1st HDTV (P55Vt60). I've been to the site before while I did my per-purchasing research. Took awhile, but got a great deal so I pulled the trigger.

post #117 of 1371 Old 09-27-2013, 08:31 PM

Liked: 15

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to make my first post after joining what looks to be a very informative forum.

As for me I am in the processes of building a dedicated theater room in the basement while I am also in the process of finishing the entire basement.

It is a bit on the small side at only 8'x19' with 8' ceiling. Planning to have an AT screen, two rows of seating 2 seats front 3 in rear if they will fit. I will have all the a/v components placed in a separate room under the stair case. The rear also has a riser. I think I have decided to go with diy speakers from the diy sound group. Many other decisions still to be made. I am just about to finish the framing for everything and then onto the electrical.

This is my first HT build so I have been reading all I can and at time a admit it's been overwhelming but eventfully sinks in.

Thanks for having me,

Erick

post #118 of 1371 Old 09-28-2013, 04:44 PM

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I created my first HiFi soon after starting my first job in early 1980s. Linn LP12 record player, Meridian 101 preamp and Audio Pro A4-14 active speakers. Sounded great. Had Bang & Olufsen U70 headphones before this and in fact I had a NAD 7120 with hand me down from father B&W P2 with Ionofane tweeters before the Meridian/Audio Pro setup but the Ionofane needed new crystals or whatever they were and was too dull. I still remember the strong ionisation smell though! Thunder storms. I wish I had kept this substantial wooden cabinets of the P2 - classic high end in their time! Anyhow, times changed, gained a family and the pleasure of young hands knocking the Lp12 on the floor and costing a huge repair bill. Then another inquisitive hand testing the stylus for strength! Anyhow had already moved to CDs playing through Marantz CD63b well before children ended HiFi upgrades for a while. Kept reasonable quality and went surround sound early on Yamaha DSPA1000. Then a couple of Denon units before Arcam. Various video sources. Sony Betamax HiFi SLHF100, Philips Laservison VLP700... even HD DVD! Or how about mini disk players portable and hifi seperate. Still have much of the stuff including 150 laserdiscs, 200 LPs... Gathering dust. Even have my first cassette player - JVC KD65 in holiday home in Ghana (wife is from Ghana, I am from London, UK). I have had some wow moments with HiFi over the years. I The KEF R500 being the most recent transformation but also showing how poor some CDs are! Why were early CDs and many a LP better quality than what should be more advanced? Or do I not remember correctly? My first CDs have a much greater dynamic range for example. They seem at a lower level but just have not compressed the dynamics like so many modern recordings. I prefer to save and get higher quality and keep it for longer than regular upgrades. Works out cheaper too. I use AKG 701s for headphone/iPod listening with Fiio E1.

Simon, London, UK
post #119 of 1371 Old 09-28-2013, 06:44 PM

Just starting my home theatre room project. Will be going with a projector PS4 setup. Recently figured out how to get hulu plus and us Netflix in Canada stoked for this project. Plan on building my own spandex screen. Should be an adventure.
post #120 of 1371 Old 09-28-2013, 08:49 PM

SHTV survivor here. Tired of the sillyness. Longtime audiophile. Looking for great ideas for my new room design. Hello world!

Reply Community News & Polls

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60s30 60 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page