New Member Introductions - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1372 Old 05-09-2014, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I am from Switzerland and I am a happy owner of a Panasonic plasma P55vtw60.... My home cinema is made of Kef 5.1 with a Denon AV 1910.

I came here due to this crazy fan noise of my plasma and found a lot of interesting info. Thanks to all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1372 Old 05-10-2014, 04:35 AM

Liked: 13
Indeed I was surprised by all of the new ohio posters.
post #1263 of 1372 Old 05-10-2014, 10:28 AM

Hello all - thanks for the welcome.

I will browse the site for awhile before actually posting anything - kinda want to get a feel for the place.  Will be chatting soon!

Best,

dknj50

post #1264 of 1372 Old 05-10-2014, 01:59 PM

Hello everybody,

I am glad to join this forum and to discuss about our common hobby.

Best regards

post #1265 of 1372 Old 05-10-2014, 02:09 PM

Hello all! I stumbled across your site whilst searching for custom BD covers. I'm a HUGE horror fanatic (my wife has allocated a room to my hobby, as she doesn't want my stuff around the house LOL). I'm looking for a new surround system. I currently have a BOSE system for my movies. Panasonic plasma, and Panasonic BD player.

hooray!

Graham

post #1266 of 1372 Old 05-10-2014, 05:33 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm Peter from Melbourne Australia.
I enjoy watching DVD movies on big screen with my projector and recently started on my upgrade to 3D.
I've been following some threads in this forum when I googled for comparison between W1070 and HD25, and finally, I bought the HD25e from eBay. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I've also upgraded my player to Panasonic BDT330 so the whole 3D setup would be new for me. More to learn from everyone here.
post #1267 of 1372 Old 05-11-2014, 12:00 PM

Liked: 11

Hi all!

I'm new here. Not really much of an enthusiast. Wish I could be, but high end audio equipment is far too expensive for me, and I can still enjoy music with lesser components.

Anyway, my name is Povl (pronounced Paul), and I live in Denmark - a small, boring country in the middle of Scandinavia. I enjoy music on a daily basis, movies and concerts. I regularly go to concerts if bands are playing in the area. I have even planned to go see Dog Fashion Disco and Polkadot Cadaver in September with my best friend.

The kind of music I listen to varies a bit. Currently I enjoy Evile and Death Angel a lot. My favorite band is, and always will be Type O Negative.

My main genres (even though I don't particularly care for genres) would be Thrash Metal, Doom Metal, Sludge, Heavy, Goth and Death.

Among my favorite kinds of bands are:

Type O Negative

Evile
Death Angel

Metallica (mostly pre-Black Album)

Black Sabbath

Kylesa

Dog Fashion Disco, Polkadot Cadaver, El-Creepo!, Knives Out!

Tool
Baroness

Acid Bath

Slayer

Woods Of Ypres

I also enjoy the occasional 80's synth-pop and hair metal - Hell, who doesn't when you've had a few beers?

I'm also a great fan of movies and TV-shows. I love going to the cinema (although it's very expensive these days), and I currently am scraping money for my own home theater - which I also have a question about!

I live with my girlfriend. I like playing video games, and I work out six times a week.

That was a bit about me. I'm mostly friendly and open-minded so feel free to talk to me about anything! :)

post #1268 of 1372 Old 05-11-2014, 12:40 PM

Liked: 11

Hey everyone, I'm Michael and I'm here so some of the experienced ones here can answer some of my questions :)

post #1269 of 1372 Old 05-11-2014, 02:29 PM

Hello all. I came here to find out more about my Samsung DTB-H260F. It recently stopped working and I'm trying to repair it. I found the Bad Caps forum with instructions on replacing the caps, and did that as the symptoms looked like that was the problem. But now the unit comes on for about 15 seconds before the blue light goes out. I get no signal. I've checked the voltage outputs on the power supply and they look good until the unit goes out. I've also found that if I press the SW1 button on the other board it will continue to stay on - as long as I press it before the ~15 second time period. I get no signal on the TV at all, though. Does anyone have an idea what I should do next, or should I give up and buy another tuner. I'm using the OTA signal with a roof-mount antenna, so I need another unit that will capture OTA signals and send it to my HDTV. Thanks.

Lowell

post #1270 of 1372 Old 05-11-2014, 04:51 PM

Greets.... Great info here!

I'm a born-again AV enthusiast and have a love for all things that smell of silicon and epoxy. :)

See ya on the boards....

~Michael

post #1271 of 1372 Old 05-12-2014, 05:29 AM

hey guys, glad to be here and to learn from some of you who frankly amaze me with your detail on this stuff! My wife and I are moving into our 'dream house' in about a month.  I'll be posting a few questions here soon but a little about our situation and me.

I used to do car stereos all the time as a kid, dad is an electrician so I was always playing with stuff like that, but never home stuff.  Kinda lost interest in it but now that we are moving to a place with a theater room and a big great room I need some audio/video to match the house.  Theater room is the easy one, the great room is where I'm going to be asking for help. 

Looking forward to some good information, thanks for all in advance!

post #1272 of 1372 Old 05-12-2014, 06:55 AM

Hello, hello to everyone, I just joined, unfortunately I do not speak English, only Italian. I translate with google, I apologize in case it's not clear what I write.

post #1273 of 1372 Old 05-12-2014, 12:30 PM

Hello everyone! 

New here, but not to AV and HT. Long time lurker and going forward will be an active poster. 

My current system is Denon X4000, Behringer 1030a and SVS PC 20-39. The latter are soon to be upgraded to Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 and dual Rythmik E15HP. On the video side, a PS3 and LG 42CS450 close out the setup. 

My music taste is best described as eclectic. For movies I'm open to anything but tear jerkers, though I tend to gravitate to Anime, SciFi and Horror.

Cheers....

PS. I'm fairly active on Audioholics with the same screen name.

post #1274 of 1372 Old 05-12-2014, 02:35 PM

Hi, have found lots of valuable advice from these forums for a long time now, I have always found an answer before having to ask my question so had no need to join. I have been having issues with USB Audio on my Xperia Z and Z2 so decided to join, couldn't find my solution but managed to fathom it out myself - simply changed headphone cable and everything changed again!

People say I have crap taste in music, I am a Cure junkie - after the recent Royal Albert Hall shows I have seen them live 99 times now ..... anyway, all my audio is in FLAC format so USB Audio was essential!

Great forums.

post #1275 of 1372 Old 05-12-2014, 09:12 PM

Hello all!  I'm really excited to be a part of this awesome community.  I've been browsing these forums for the past couple of weeks as they always pop up in my searches for "home media server", "nas", and "htpc".  I'm looking to set up a home media network very soon as I would like to "cut the cord".  Looking forward to talking with many of you!

post #1276 of 1372 Old 05-12-2014, 10:42 PM

I've been an audiophile for many years, but am now getting my feet wet in home theater!

I'm remodeling my living room and will be mounting a TV on the wall and incorporating my audio system.

I will have lots of questions regarding products, setup, installation,etc. I'm a little green when it comes to video, so bear with me.

Thanks. 

post #1277 of 1372 Old 05-13-2014, 02:31 PM

Hello guys and gals all over the world! Im Anthony Arroyo from the Philippines. I am a movie, music and gamer buff and I love home theaters. I learned the science, technology and processes of building, maintaining, troubleshooting and of course, appreciating the Art of The Home Theater from my mentor, my dad.I wish to get to know you, fellow home theater/music lover/movie buff/gamer enthusiasts and wish you guys the best. Thanks again.
post #1278 of 1372 Old 05-14-2014, 01:33 AM

Hi there,

I'm Xajel from Bahrain, I love technology and home electronics...

I used to have my own home semi-cinema few years ago but sadly everything get damaged after an electricity stroke, and didn't bother having to do anything because of lack of time and the change of work made watching TV a very rare pleasure for me...

Now, I'm back.. starting with a new large TV I'm doing some research this time to choose...

post #1279 of 1372 Old 05-14-2014, 08:30 PM

Long time looker but just joined. I am starting plans for my house with a home theater. This seems like the right place to learn and get some good guidance. I'll start a build thread when I get started.
post #1280 of 1372 Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM

Hello thanks for welcoming me to this community.. I am an electronic fan person but there are so much things that I need to know about the electronics that I buy and or would buy in the future so I was hoping I will get some questions answered here. Thanks again!
post #1281 of 1372 Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 PM

I can't find a place to start a new forum or ask a question so i'm doing it here. I was given a videooke/dvd system by a friend. I hooked it up on my flat screen and everything works just fine except for the sound. When I plugged in the mic to the dvd receiver the sound just doesn't come out right. Now my question would be what kind of sound system that would work or I would to make the videooke/dvd sounds like you are in a videoke bar.. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again!
post #1282 of 1372 Old 05-16-2014, 09:50 AM

Hi everybody,

My name is gert and i'm from ghent in belgium.
I'm a freelance sound technician who tours around the world with dance preformances.

The prob is that my knowledge about home theater is a bit small and i want to expand it.

Thx for the greetings and talk to you guys soon smile.gif
post #1283 of 1372 Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 AM

Hello to all,

My name is Bill and I reside in Milwaukee, Wi. I am a longtime AV "geek" and the "go to guy" to all of my friends and family when it comes to anything AV. I usually have a stock pile of equipment, as I have a hard time parting with my old favorites at upgrade time. I am glad to be a new member and I look forward to sharing ideas and info with other AV enthusiasts

My main set up

Legendary Sony DA777ES

Boston VR970

Boston VR10

Boston VR40

post #1284 of 1372 Old 05-16-2014, 02:21 PM

Hello, everybody!  I'm Andrew and I'm an all-round technophile.  I'm still in the midst of building my system up (who isn't?), but at this point I do have a little bit worked together:

Display: Philips 60" rear-projection HDTV (60PW9363/17F) that has kept me both happy and busy.  I love what I've been able to get from it, but it sure is a challenge getting it dialed in!

Audio: Panasonic SA-PT760 Receiver with stock speakers/subwoofer.  B&O Beogram RX-2 for my classical addiction (and for a little AC/DC) ;)

Video sources:  Game systems.  Lots of game systems, ranging from NES to Playstation 3 and nearly everything in between.  Streaming media from my Sony SMP-N100, as well as the Playstation 3 thanks to Serviio and liberally applied transcoding.

I've known about the AVS Forum for quite a while, although it wasn't until I got in touch with Mr Bob, the Projection TV guru that I really felt I should jump in.  It seems like folks here are very willing and interested in helping each other and newcomers with whatever they may, and I'm the sort of person that likes to do that too!

Professionally, I'm an all around electronics repair type.  I like to keep my hand in away from work, too, so I pretty much refuse to throw something away until after I've had at it with schematics and a multimeter ;)

post #1285 of 1372 Old 05-16-2014, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello to all. I am totally new at this and trying to find my way around this site.

Have extremely bad eyes and can not do a lot of reading. So forgive me for asking

questions without checking the forum to see if there are any posts.

post #1286 of 1372 Old 05-17-2014, 12:18 AM

Hello everyone,

I am very much interested in expanding my knowledge about audio and video components.

I will be also willing to share my own humble experience and opinion about topics if requested.

Regards.

Samsung PN 64F8500 - Marantz SR6007 - Dali Zensor 7 5.0 + Dali Zensor 7 Floorstanders - Asus main board based media server/player - PS3

post #1287 of 1372 Old 05-17-2014, 12:55 AM

Hey everybody! Been finding information here for years via google. Finally decided to join!

Samsung UN46ES6500

Samsung UN60ES8000

Samsung UN60F71000

LG 47G2 (the black sheep)

post #1288 of 1372 Old 05-17-2014, 05:15 AM

Hey everyone, I'm excited to finally be here! I've been browsing the forums for the last 9 months. I'm recently married and finally buying my first house, a place where I can build a home theater in the basement. I work 3rd shift and watching all my tv shows at 4am onwards has been less than rewarding seeing as all my gear is in storage at my parents and I have to use headphones so as to not disturb the wife and tenants in our apartment. Well that's all changing very soon! The dedicated theater thread has been an inspiration and I will finally get my sound-isolated space to unwind after a long nights work! Anyhow, its a pleasure to be joining you all :)

post #1289 of 1372 Old 05-17-2014, 11:20 AM

I first found this forum about a year ago, and have gained so much knowledge to help me make informed decisions. I've been a Cinephile for a long time, and because of this forum I bought a BenQ W1070.  It's helped me make several decisions ranging from speaker selection to knowing which 3d glasses to buy.  I'm out in Seattle and am glad to be joining the community.

post #1290 of 1372 Old 05-17-2014, 09:32 PM

Just wanted to say... hello to everyone and hopefully I will be able to help others & get help, but i'm not very forum savvy. So please bare with me.

My name is Charles and i'm from Ohio.

Reply Community News & Polls

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60s30 60 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60s30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page