New Member Introductions - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1381 of 1386 Old 10-26-2014, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New member here, well been here for a while but I usually just post to get media codes since I love watching films on my Apple TV. Hello hello! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1386 Old 11-03-2014, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Esteemed Collegues,

I am a retired beer and wine salesman here in the Peoples Republic of Washington State. Before pushing alcohol, I was in audio both consumer and Commercial, did time as a producer and host at some classical music radio stations, and was a symphony musician (trombone and bass trombone ) which is why I sold beer and wine. One has to make a living somehow. I own some vintage gear including Sony and Tascam tape machines, a Thorens turntable and other misc stuff. My current listening is done with a H/K AVR 354, Sony CD player Panasonic Bluray player and JBL 4408's 4410's and Altec 9847 POC speakers. I use Altec 411's as VLF speakers. My Credo is "Higher Faster Louder, Bruckner Strauss and Mahler!!!

Good Wishes to you all, and always remember: Sawdust is Our Friend.
post #1383 of 1386 Old 11-07-2014, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone, been lurking here for years, but finally decided to get a little more involved. thanks for sharing all of your knowledge!
post #1384 of 1386 Old 11-12-2014, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello all,

I just registered. I've always been big on networking, but since installing a media server I've wanted to learn a bit about transcoding video. Figured this would be the best place.
post #1385 of 1386 Old 11-14-2014, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Thank you for the welcome and the opportunity to introduce myself.

I look forward to hearing the many and varied opinions of the forum members on all things audio. I hope to find an alternative to pro reviewers and those that flatter them by imitation. It's gotten to the point that I just skip to the conclusions of a pro review. I hope I can rock the boat every now and then and I look forward to any reply.

Let me say that I'm primarily interested in desk top systems. Because it's all I can fit in my living quarters now. At least there is not a good room in the house for full size speakers. So, my transducers of interest are headphones and desktop speakers or near field monitors. My source material, for the time being, is streamed music.

I'm skeptical about the "sound" of power cords, interconnects, and speaker wires.
I started in this hobby in the late 1970s. The importance attached to these items now would have been laughable then. It contradicts everything I've learned in High School or College about electricity. Some say it can be heard. I haven't heard anyone explain it. If, it does exist.

post #1386 of 1386 Old 11-17-2014, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey everyone! I'm Josh. I found the site while trying to learn about upgrading some equipment, and I've already learned a ton browsing these forums. Everyone seems super nice!
Reply Community News & Polls

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60s30 60 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60s30 by PriceGrabber.com