HT of the Month: Staggered Walls - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 107 Old 02-11-2014, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
WOW NICE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 107 Old 02-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nice to see a killer theater from another Skins fan! It helps to heal the pain of all that losing when you can kick back and blast some flicks.

Great DefTech gear, you have one model higher of all the speakers in my setup, haha (2500, 7002, bp2x)!
post #93 of 107 Old 02-11-2014, 07:45 PM

Can someone tell me about those LCD-LED panels outside the room displaying whats playing?
post #94 of 107 Old 02-12-2014, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

From what i was told by the builder window & sprinkler system is a requirement for any room inside a house here in Montgomery county. It doesn't bother me, but I might paint them in black one day (as BigMouthDC been always poking me about them tongue.gif ).

Never paint sprinklers, it is a code violation and it can prevent them from working correctly. You can replace them with black heads though, or possibly replace them with recessed heads and they make special covers in any color that are flush with the ceiling.

Amazing theater. This is one of the first ones that I really like. I generally don't like the idea of a dedicated theater, because I don't want to be shut off from the rest of the living space in my house, but this one just looks so much more comfortable.
post #95 of 107 Old 02-12-2014, 02:20 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethios View Post

Looks great! I use Def Tech's too. I just might copy some of your ideas for my future setup.

One question is you sprinkler system water based or Co2?

If water you might want to look into Co2, just in case, they wont hurt the electronics in a fire or cause such a mess.
See here... http://www.vikingsprinkler.com/co2-system.php

I was thinking the same thing. Seeing the sprinkler head directly over the rack made me cringe, one false alarm and the entire rack is ruined. Would at least look into moving that one head so it won't spray directly on the rack if triggered. Now that I think about it, does MA make rack-mount umbrella holders? biggrin.gif

------------
TheAstronaut's 5.1 HT Setup:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Portable Rack Build:

post #96 of 107 Old 02-12-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAstronaut View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Seeing the sprinkler head directly over the rack made me cringe, one false alarm and the entire rack is ruined. Would at least look into moving that one head so it won't spray directly on the rack if triggered. Now that I think about it, does MA make rack-mount umbrella holders? biggrin.gif

It's not just the rack - surely if there is a false alarm, then your entire house is ruined !

How do sprinklers actually work in a residential setting ? I assume there is some sort of time delay before they activate, so you have some time to manually over-ride them for the reasons above ?
post #97 of 107 Old 02-16-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Thanks again for all the kind words. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmass03 View Post

Can someone tell me about those LCD-LED panels outside the room displaying whats playing?
No, those are just a LED lighted frame with regular double side movie poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAstronaut View Post

Now that I think about it, does MA make rack-mount umbrella holders? biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif LOL.... tongue.gif

~ Gary

)

post #98 of 107 Old 02-18-2014, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm adding this near the top of my list of favorite builds on here. I just really love it. I still want black and red, but the wall treatments rock. Seriously impressed.

That's wasn't flying... That was falling with style!
post #99 of 107 Old 02-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 71

Just finished moving into mine.
I'll be a while finishing the setup though.

Bastogne
post #100 of 107 Old 02-19-2014, 06:30 PM

What difference did you notice moving to the Emotiva to power your bp7001s? I like the sound with my pioneer elite, but upgrade fever is a dangerous disease... biggrin.gif
post #101 of 107 Old 02-20-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0dVA View Post

What difference did you notice moving to the Emotiva to power your bp7001s? I like the sound with my pioneer elite, but upgrade fever is a dangerous disease... biggrin.gif
I honestly couldn't tell the difference between my older Yamaha (from the 1st HT), the Denon, and the Emotiva. I guess my ears aren't that good to tell. tongue.gif
kamouflage and popalock like this.

~ Gary

)

post #102 of 107 Old 02-20-2014, 01:51 PM

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between my older Yamaha (from the 1st HT), the Denon, and the Emotiva. I guess my ears aren't that good to tell. tongue.gif

Your ears are the same as everyone else's. It's just that your brain is more honest than most.
post #103 of 107 Old 02-20-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgass View Post

Your ears are the same as everyone else's. It just that your brain is more honest than most.

Haha, nice
post #104 of 107 Old 02-23-2014, 05:19 PM

Location: 41.7080574, -83.5911255 N41° 42.4834', W083° 35.4675'
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

Your ears are the same as everyone else's. It's just that your brain is more honest than most.

My thoughts exactly, it's funny my Technics integrated amplifier, paired with my Sony pre-amp, sounds exactly the same to my friends Pioneer elite receiver, actually mine is better because I can push 100 watts with no problem.

"Then one day you find ten years have got behind you no one told when to run you missed the starting gun."
post #105 of 107 Old 03-02-2014, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

~ Gary

)

post #106 of 107 Old 03-07-2014, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Just catching up to this. I remember this build. Congrats from another MOCO resident and Skins fan. I also have a sprinkler in both the front ceiling and back ceiling of my in progress build. Replacing with retractable ones may happen someday but I hope until then my focus will only be on the screen! Your sprinkler over the rack did raise my eybrows though. eek.gifbiggrin.gif

My First Build Ever (which just so happens to be a theater!) (In progress)

post #107 of 107 Old 03-15-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I wonder this kind of dedicated room.how do they calibrate the speakers? Do they also use the audysey features or not?

Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
Reply Community News & Polls

Tags
Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Sonos Connect Wireless Music Streaming System For Home Theater Or Stereo Zoneplayer90 , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector , Xbox 360 Console , Definitive Technology Bp7001sc 120v Tower Speaker Single Left Channel Black , Home Theater , Home Theater Of The Month
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page