post #211 of 216 Old 06-07-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeme View Post

Awesome theater. I liked that it isn't a dark dungeon like mine in the basement. Scares the kids a bit so I usually get first dibs...

I'd really really like to hear the full range jtr's!

Thanks, the dungeon effect was something that I wanted to avoid and although that does at times compromise the video quality, it is a good tradeoff IMHO. This is especially true when listening to music which I am doing much more frequently with the new full range speakers. Natural light is important to me. smile.gif
pokeme likes this.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 216 Old 06-08-2014, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
" 20-foot-high family room that he divided vertically by installing a ceiling"
Vertically ? or horizontally ??

All of those changes within 2 months- wow! Seems like it must have been .. install it. listen for a day - nope I don't like it, swap it...
Envious of the final product but not of the process: I would have gone nuts!
post #213 of 216 Old 06-09-2014, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjschmoe View Post

All of those changes within 2 months- wow! Seems like it must have been .. install it. listen for a day - nope I don't like it, swap it...

confused.gifsmile.gif

I halved the 19.5' X 22' X 20' (WDH) family room height wise creating a new space out of the top half of the room. The new ceiling/floor is as you might expect, a horizontal structure.

The changes of hardware happened over several years. Two months for all of the speaker changes would have been a very aggressive timeline even for me ... tongue.gif

HToM

post #214 of 216 Old 06-09-2014, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjschmoe View Post

He divided the 20-foot-high family room in the vertical dimension into a room below and a room above.

Scott Wilkinson
AVS Editor
post #215 of 216 Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Congrats on the HToM, Rob.

I attended Rob's first GTG. It was just me and him, but we had some fun. This was an unstructured comparison of his existing DD18 and the F-113 he was considering. We did this in the two-story family room before it was divided for the upstairs HT. I attended two more GTGs, the first was a shootout between KWEEZER's dual PB13Us and Rob's dual F-113s. This was done in his new upstairs HT which meant the Ultras had to be manhandled up the steps. No easy task. I don't remember his equipment at the third GTG, but I think it was the THSPUDS with the BIG beanbag on top.

If you have an opportunity to attend one of Rob's GTGs, don't miss it. Rob is a gracious host even if his refreshments consist only of cheap beer and stale crackers. (wink wink)

Well, all the best to you Rob. It was a pleasure knowing you. Now that I live on the east coast and own my own business, I probably will never get back to Sac. So here's hoping you find your AV nirvana.

Randy

Last edited by ransac; 06-23-2014 at 08:44 PM.
post #216 of 216 Old 06-26-2014, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey Randy, great to hear from you ...

Yes, that was my first invite of an AVS'er into my home to play with subwoofers. You almost succeeded in making me never want to do it again ...

Good that you are are still in the AV game and if you do ever make it back out this way, I've always got cheap beer in the fridge and stale crackers in the pantry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac View Post
I attended Rob's first GTG. It was just me and him, but we had some fun. This was an unstructured comparison of his existing DD18 and the F-113 he was considering. We did this in the two-story family room before it was divided for the upstairs HT. I attended two more GTGs, the first was a shootout between KWEEZER's dual PB13Us and Rob's dual F-113s. This was done in his new upstairs HT which meant the Ultras had to be manhandled up the steps. No easy task. I don't remember his equipment at the third GTG, but I think it was the THSPUDS with the BIG beanbag on top.

If you have an opportunity to attend one of Rob's GTGs, don't miss it. Rob is a gracious host even if his refreshments consist only of cheap beer and stale crackers. (wink wink)

Well, all the best to you Rob. It was a pleasure knowing you. Now that I live on the east coast and own my own business, I probably will never get back to Sac. So here's hoping you find your AV nirvana.

HToM

Reply Community News & Polls

Tags
Home Theater Of The Month

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page